Senior Finance Manager/ Senior Controller
- 85K per month
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Space Executive Pte Ltd , EA Licence No: 15S7496
- 16 Feb 19
Our client, an international law firm is looking for a Senior Manager to join their Finance team. The role will manage a team of controllers who are based in Hong Kong and China and report to the CFO.
- Provide commercial advice and develop solutions for possible enhancements to reduce lock up days and improve matter and client profitability
- Ownership of the monthly billing and collection forecasts prepared by the team
- Oversee and monitor the effectiveness of the end to end matter and client financial lifecycle and initiate improvements to enhance the quality of service and seek efficiencies
- Review billing write offs, unbilled disbursements account balances and disbursements written off on a monthly basis and investigate any significant movements and report to management
- Advise on billing & collection technical tax related matters – often cross border – seek assistance or advice from others
- Review bad debt provision and agree next steps
- Manage the annual audit process and anything related that is necessary for local fiscal year end processes.
- Managing rates and working with partners to ensure the matters are set up correctly and the client finance related requirements are fully understood by reviewing the client contracts
- Liaising with the lead relationship partners to ensure that rate agreements are reviewed in a timely manner offering assistance and information which may assist in client rate negotiations
- Providing detailed financial information in support of bills, i.e. hourly schedules, disbursements and narrative breakdowns
- Liaise with Revenue Controllers across the network on cross unit matters and billing matters
- Using and promoting the Pricing and Profitability Models, providing appropriate support and assistance to partners and finance manager on pricing of matters and reporting on matter profitability
- Comprehensive follow-up of action items, such as time transfer, time write off, dispatch of billing guides, disbursements, queries etc.
- Dealing with enquiries from clients, partners and fee earners relating to financial aspects of client matters.
- Provide financial/commercial training to fee earner groups
- Develop close relationships with BD teams across the network and provide financial support.
- Degree holder
- Qualified accountant
- At least 8 years’ experience in legal industry with 3 years supervisory experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills in English and Mandarin/Cantonese