Senior Finance Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 10 Jan 18 2018-01-10
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Finance Manager .
In this role, you will
- Financial Controller overseeing all aspects of Financial Control, Financial Reporting and Regulatory Reporting for all of the legal entities in Hong Kong such as HSBC Asset Management, Private Wealth Solutions and Trustee entities, HSBC Asia Pacific Holdings Limited and other small entities.
- Coordinate with external auditors in the preparation of company financial statements, and fund accounts where required.
- Maintain a strong control environment over the reporting process and strengthen existing ledger control to ensure data integrity.
- Contribute to and participate in finance projects and initiatives.
- Ensure compliance with Global Standards, Business Risk and Control Management, internal and external audit.
- Identify areas for process improvement to increase efficiency.
- Achieve the objectives leveraging the offshore production processes in these entities.
- Work in partnership with the business and Business Finance in providing Financial Control support.
- Work with Global teams where relevant to execute global requirements.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University degree or post graduate degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Economics or a related discipline.
- Subject matter expertise in financial accounting and reporting.
- Understands and anticipates strategic implications from financial accounting.
- A high level of professional competence which helps to determine solutions around financial accounting procedures, control, risk management and quality assurance.
- Keeps abreast of latest financial accounting and regulatory requirements and anticipative of impacts to the Bank.
- Communications and interpersonal skills, including the capacity to articulate the case for risk management in the language of business.
- Strong leadership and management ability, developing and motivating employees.
- Understanding of the Group global strategies and collaborates with the business to accomplish these strategies.
- Demonstrated ability to assess Risk trends, both internally and externally.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A41Q
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hong Kong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited