Senior Finance Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 06 Dec 17 2017-12-06
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Finance Manager.
In this role, you will
- Thoroughly understand the requirements set out in IFRS 9.
- Devise and maintain robust governance framework to ensure clear inventory of appropriate business models and risk models for each business.
- Devise and maintain robust governance framework to review impairment data produced by the Impairment Engine and facilitate Financial Controller's sign off, and to follow up and escalate any data quality issues identified through reconciliation.
- Influence and collaborate to drive achievement of the governance execution and take a proactive role in resolving issues, while escalate issues and risks in an effective way to ensure timely resolution, if required.
- Coordinate with Regional Financial Reporting team and Accounting Policy to keep abreast of further development of reporting requirements.
- Provide user requirements to IT for any system enhancement, and work closely with Centralised Production, Hong Kong Review and Risk teams to deliver quality data for new reporting requirements and ad hoc requests.
- Maintain and develop positive and professional working relationship among Centralised Production team, Hong Kong Review team and Regional Financial Reporting team.
- Coach and develop the team on corporate governance and reporting requirements.
- Upholding credibility and reputation of the department.
- Maintain an attitude of continual process improvement in order to ensure a timely and quality output.
- Establish robust control framework on the reporting process including data control, proper documentation and reconciliation.
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions, such as FIM, SOX, and reporting requirements like IFRS.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- A qualified accountant with solid working experience in financial reporting and accounting policy.
- Sound knowledge of a variety of banking products, with strong capability in structured products and regional exposures are highly desirable
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, ability to work autonomously and maintain good self disciplines, interaction skill and confidence.
- Knowledge and experience in risk analytics is preferrable.
- Well organized, detail oriented, able to cope with tight deadlines under pressure.
- High degree of flexibility in adaption to changes.
- Strong will to contiuously improve on prevailing work practices.
- Team player with good interpersonal skills.
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000A3T7
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited