Storage and Backup engineer who will be responsible and accountable for Projects, day-to-day BAU Operations and managing storage and backup team. Since the role will involve both technical and leadership aspects, it is a must for a candidate to be technically strong and able to motivate and get the best out of the team. Someone who can maintain a positive attitude during tough times and still passionate to continuously improve skills and knowledge.
- Be SME and last point of escalation for on Premise storage (Netapp, HPE, EMC, and Huawei) and Backup (Veeam and EMC Networker) platform.
- Perform storage refreshes, data migrations and software/hardware upgrades in coordination with application stakeholders.
- Lead design, implementation, maintenance and regular patching of Storage and Backup infrastructure.
- Good understanding on VMware Vsphere and especially around best practices related to hosting to storage connectivity.
- Lead POC on existing and new infrastructure technologies and work with vendors to suggest an optimal solution.
- Respond, own system alerts, and work on production incidents to restore services.
- Perform capacity, performance analysis and provide improvement recommendations to management
- Perform end-to-end project management for storage and backup projects.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Provide weekend support on a rotational basis and work on storage and backup changes.
- Participate in planning and performing business continuity and disaster recovery drills.
Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in deploying, configuring and managing EMC PowerMax, Unity, VNX, ECS, HPE 3PAR/Primera, NetApp C mode, Huawei Oceanstor Dorado storage platform.
- Hands-on experience in implementing and managing advanced storage replication technologies, which includes HPE Peer persistence, PowerMax SRDF/Metro, Recoverpoint, and NetApp Snapmirror.
- Strong experience on VEEAM/EMC Networker backup and recovery products
- Experience in performing storage refreshes, data migrations and software/hardware upgrades in coordination with application stakeholders.
- Experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Fabric environment constituting Brocade/ Cisco switches
- Strong knowledge of NFS, SMB, iSCSI, NDMP, FCIP and REST protocols, troubleshooting file share access/performance issues.
- Experience in automating tasks related to storage and backup infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, NFS and SNMP.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of OS platforms including Linux, Windows and VMware and troubleshooting SAN/NAS connectivity/performance issues.
- Knowledge on Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster server.
- Knowledge on AWS/AZURE cloud technologies.
- Experience in time series monitoring software (Telegraf, grafana, Prometheus etc.)
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Senior Enterprise Storage Engineer / Level 3 Support - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Fullstack Java/Angular Developer - Leading Investment Bank
2) Senior Python/Golang Cloud Monitoring Developer/SRE - Global Investment Bank
3) Channel Applications Technology Head - Leading Bank