Our client, a leading investment bank, is looking for a seasoned Senior Enterprise Storage/Back-up Support Engineer to join their team.
- Be SME and last point of escalation for Premise storage (Netapp, HPE, EMC, and Huawei) and Backup (Veeam and EMC Networker) platform.
- Lead design, implementation, maintenance and regular patching of Storage and Backup infrastructure.
- Perform storage refreshes, data migrations and software/hardware upgrades in coordination with application stakeholders.
- Lead POC on existing and new infrastructure technologies and work with vendors to suggest optimal solutions.
- Respond, own system alerts, and work on production incidents to restore services.
- Perform capacity, performance analysis and provide improvement recommendations to management
- Provide regular management updates on various incidents, changes in different management meetings.
- Perform end-to-end project management for storage and backup projects.
- Collaborate with other teams and team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
- Provide weekend support on a rotational basis and work on storage and backup changes.
- Participate in planning and performing business continuity and disaster recovery drills.
Required Skills and Experience:
- Strong experience in deploying, configuring and managing EMC PowerMax, Unity, VNX, ECS, HPE 3PAR/Primera, NetApp C mode, and/or Huawei Oceanstor Dorado storage platform
- Hands-on experience in implementing and managing advanced storage replication technologies (such as HPE Peer persistence, PowerMax SRDF/Metro, Recoverpoint, and/or NetApp Snapmirror)
- Experience in performing storage refreshes, data migrations and software/hardware upgrades in coordination with application stakeholders.
- Strong knowledge of VMWare technologies
- Experience in designing, configuring and troubleshooting Fabric environment constituting Brocade/ Cisco switches
- Strong knowledge of NFS, SMB, iSCSI, NDMP, FCIP and REST protocols, troubleshooting file share access/performance issues.
- Experience in automating tasks related to storage and backup infrastructure.
- Solid knowledge of protocols such as DNS, HTTP, LDAP, NFS and SNMP.
- Strong problem-solving and communication skills.
- Working knowledge of OS platforms including Linux, Windows and VMware and troubleshooting SAN/NAS connectivity/performance issues.
- Knowledge of Veritas Volume Manager, Veritas Cluster Server.
- Knowledge of AWS/AZURE cloud technologies.
- Experience in time series monitoring software (Telegraf, grafana, Prometheus etc.)
- Storage and Backup certifications will be considered as an added advantage.
- Redhat and Vmware certifications will be considered as an added advantage.
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at email@example.com and put Senior Enterprise Storage/Back-up Support Engineer (Level 3) - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 65791)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Equity Derivatives Product Manager - Leading Hedge Fund - Hong Kong
2) Fullstack Mobile Development Lead - Leading Insurance Group
3) FICC/ Risk Technical Business Analyst - Leading Investment Bank