As a Database Administrator, you will be in charge of the firm's core database platform and act as the primary point of contact for complex or escalated issues. You will work closely with IT stakeholders, vendors and other teams to deliver high-quality database services.
- Responsible for the monitoring and up-time of all production databases.
- Ensure availability, security and integrity of assigned databases.
- Estimate PostgreSQL database capacities; develop methods for monitoring database capacity and usage.
- Lead efforts to develop and improve procedures for automated monitoring and proactive intervention, reducing any need downtime.
- Develop Stored Procedures and Database Triggers in support of application development.
- Participate in application development projects and be responsible for the database architecture and design.
- Responsible for regular backups, recovery and maintenance of databases.(Point-in-time Recovery, Vaccum, Re-indexing, Archiving, Replication, etc.)
- Responsible for pro-active remediation of database operational problems.
- Responsible for Query tuning and preventative maintenance.
- Analyzes long-term database performance trends to optimize database and application performance.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as necessary.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of a Bachelors degree in Computer Science, MIS or related degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience including database administration, database development, design/architecture, etc.
- 5+ years of experience as a hands on PostgreSQL, MS-SQL or Oracle database administrator
- Strong Knowledge on Database Installation, Upgrades, Migration, Patches, etc.
- Experience in database architecture, logical and physical design, automation, documentation, installs, scripting/automation, recovery, back-up
- Strong knowledge of Linux and shell scripting
- Strong understanding of command line and database server administration
- Capacity planning for all aspects of a database system (storage, compute, memory, etc.)
- Strong analytical, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work non-standard shift including nights and/or weekend on-call responsibilities
- Strong team player
- Experience with automation and scripting skills using Perl, Python a strong plus
- Strong ITIL principles a plus
- Understanding of networking and connectivity and how it relates to a database environment
- Experience in Financial Services or other regulated industry preferred
If this outstanding opportunity sounds like your next career move, please send your resume in Word format to Matthew Chung at firstname.lastname@example.org and put Senior Enterprise Oracle DBA - Global Investment Bank in the subject header.
Data provided is for recruitment purposes only.
Headquartered in Hong Kong, Pinpoint Asia is the go-to Specialist Firm for Technology Recruitment
We are a team of specialist tech recruiters (many of our recruiters come from an IT background) and we serve a wide range of clients, all the way from tech startups (especially FinTech) to some of the top Financial Institutions on Wall Street and several other large scale enterprises in other industries.
Our significant market reputation and status as the leading search firm for many of our clients is a direct result of our strong industry relationships, intimate understanding of the marketplace and proven ability to deliver results.
Our vision is to help companies hire smarter and help job seekers get closer to their career aspirations.
To see all our open jobs please reach out to us at https://pinpointasia.com/job-search/ (EA License # 62713)
We are also seeking top-calibre candidates for the following exciting roles:
1) Front Office Python RAD Developer (Prime) - Global Investment Bank
2) Lead/Senior Java Data Engineer (Greenfield Build-out) - Global Investment Bank
3) FX Application Support - Securities Brokerage