Senior Director / Director, Customer Advocacy, Asia
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations. Job Description
The Customer Advocacy function is hiring a Senior Director / Director, Customer Advocacy, Asia.
In this position, the incumbent will help deepen customer centricity approach with a range of business partners in Manulife. He/she will translate the multi-year customer experience aspirations into strategy and tactics to drive and inspire customer focused mindset and actions.
This is a unique opportunity that integrates planning, design, execution, and ongoing collaboration into a critical role which provides tremendous exposure throughout the entire organization also allows the individual "make a difference" to the lives of customers. Responsibilities Accelerate the Customer Centricity penetration in all Asia markets
Governance of Customer Centricity Centre of Excellence
- Expedite the program activation across markets to accelerate the "CX population" across each business functions through multiple platforms
- Work hand-in-hand with local champions at implementation phase; provide training and facilitation for all levels within key functional teams.
- Train up local champions and ambassadors on issue identification, root cause analysis and solutioning skillset
- Closely work with local stakeholders on governing the quality of customer centricity actions. Ensure impact of continuous improvements are measured, tracked, shared to amplify learning across the entire organization
- Regular check-in on behavioral and cultural change post implementation; Stay close to key stakeholders and provide guidance as needed, yet allow sufficient autonomy for local teams to grow and flourish
- Continually provide consultancy support (e.g. inputs on measurement, program rhythm, training guideline, etc.) to each market to ensure program expansion and adoption (ie: new touchpoints per market).
- Flag and pull in resources and skillsets (e.g. Insights, Journey Mapping, etc) as additional support for key programs
- Collaborate with regional stakeholder at the right time for full integration with approved IT platforms.
- Partner with HR to ensure customer centricity mindset be part of the recruitment / onboarding strategy
- Partner with Global CoE, Regional SMEs and key local stakeholders to execute the future state of Customer Centricity at the organization
- Constantly review, redesign or uplift the existing practices across functions and business units
- Work with regional stakeholders on supporting toolkits to uplift current practices
- Ultimately, uphold the highest standard across the organization
- Work closely with Insights and Journey Mapping functions on customer centricity measurements; translate data and work with local champions to operationalize the program details during design phase
- Collaborate with other regional stakeholders (e.g. Brand, Comms, Events, Distribution) to ensure customer experience being delivered in a coherent and consistent manner in each market
- Bachelor degree holder or higher education with 10+ years of experience in customer related function or program management function
- Knowledge and experience in implementing the Net Promoter System considered an advantage
- Strong program management, organizational and coordination skills required; working experience with Lean/Kaizen, Six Sigma or Agile considered an advantage
- Strong workshop facilitation, training and influencing skills
- Excellent and effective communication skills required, and visual design skills are considered an advantage
- Advanced skills in Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent command of spoken and written English. Other Asian language(S) should as Mandarin, Bahasa, Vietnamese, or Japanese is an advantage but not a must
- 20-30% business travel
- Candidate with lesser experience will be considered for the Director position
If you are ready to unleash your potential, it's time to start your career with Manulife/John Hancock. About Manulife
- Strong sense of ownership and a self-starter who can work equally well in groups or on their own
- Undeterred by obstacles and challenges; ability to think creatively to overcome barriers to achieve objectives
- Comfortable with ambiguity; open to new ideas; flexes with changing business priorities and situations; ability to use incomplete information and common sense to drive action
- Results oriented, with can-do attitude
- Analytical and critical thinking skills partnered with commercial acumen; strong problem solving skills (problem identification, structuring and finding relevant insights, rallying teams to act)
- Metrics driven, obsessed with customer feedback
- Possess a high level of empathy and cultural sensitivity; experience working with other Asian markets is an advantage
- Strong sense of presence - confident and comfortable working and influencing all levels from senior management to front line.
- Strong time and project management abilities - able to handle multiple programs simultaneously while staying on time and within budget
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people make their decisions easier and lives better. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2018, we had more than 34,000 employees, over 82,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving almost 28 million customers. As of June 30, 2019, we had over $1.1 trillion (US$877 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $29.4 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States are where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is an equal opportunity employer. We strive to attract, develop and retain a workforce that is as diverse as the customers we serve and to foster an inclusive work environment that embraces the strength of cultures and individuals. We are committed to fair recruitment, retention and advancement and we administer all of our practices and programs based on qualification and performance and without discrimination on any protected ground. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request any accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.