Senior Director ESG Product Management
The Role: Director, ESG Indices The Location: Hong Kong, Australia What is in it for you:
Within APAC, the person in this role will play a key part in communicating the S&P DJI's ESG message to the market. This will involve elevating S&P DJI's ESG indices and index-related data in investors' eyes and making these relevant to investors' investment decisions. This person will achieve this through speaking at conferences, meeting with current and prospective clients, by creating content, keeping abreast of regulations, and interacting with the media. Other responsibilities will include supporting ESG management on day-to-day activities as needed. What we are looking for:
We are looking for someone with deep experience of ESG as well as substantial experience working with or within the financial community. A passion for sustainability is a must alongside strong commercial awareness and instinct. Someone with a can-do, self-starting, positive and team orientated attitude. Demonstrated experience of working under pressure. An ability to forge positive relationships internally and externally. Responsibilities:
What we are looking for:
- Present at conferences, seminars, and in other forums to elevate S&P DJI's ESG methodology, ESG indices, and solutions in the eyes of major investors.
- Meet with prospective and current clients to explain the advantages of S&P DJI's ESG methodology, depth of data, and indices; match our capabilities with their needs.
- Keep abreast of current ESG regulations and work with colleagues to understand ramifications & opportunities for S&P DJI's.
- Educate members of Channel Management, Client Coverage, Marketing, and other Product Managers regarding trends in ESG and S&P DJI's ESG solution.
- Create content, including presentations and papers, which explain the benefits of S&P DJI's quality of ESG data, access to the data via our indices and the value proposition of our indices.
- Support the day-to-day activities of ESG management with client requests, create and maintain PowerPoint decks and other product collateral, conduct research and analysis into markets and trends, and manipulating datasets to support desk-based research as needed
S&P Dow Jones Indices
- 7+ years' experience working in ESG investing.
- 7+ years in finance and investments industry preferably with index experience.
- Advanced degree (MSc, MBA), with a specialization in a relevant area.
- Must have ESG expertise
- Excellent writing and speaking skills; experience presenting to large audiences.
- Must be comfortable in a sales-like environment and be able to effectively communicate with a range of parties including clients, partners, and others.
- Demonstrated ability to patiently drive for results while maintaining good relations with colleagues.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, as well as part of a team; can effectively influence others and gain their consensus when needed.
- Languages would be a plus
At S&P Dow Jones Indices, our role can be described in one word: essential. We're the largest global resource for index-based concepts, data and research, and home to iconic financial market indicators, such as the S&P 500® and the Dow Jones Industrial Average®. More assets are invested in products based upon our indices than any other index provider in the world; with over 1,000,000 indices, S&P Dow Jones Indices defines the way people measure and trade the markets. We provide essential intelligence that helps investors identify and capitalize on global opportunities.
S&P Dow Jones Indices is a division of S&P Global (NYSE: SPGI), which provides essential intelligence for individuals, companies and governments to make decisions with confidence. For more information, visit www.spdji.com.
20 - Professional (EEO-2 Job Categories-United States of America), PDMGDV202.2 - Middle Professional Tier II (EEO Job Group), SWP Priority - Ratings - (Strategic Workforce Planning) Job ID:
265183 Posted On:
Central, Hong Kong