Senior Director, Distribution Business Transformation Lead
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Manulife Hong Kong
- 25 Apr 18 2018-04-25
Senior Director, Distribution Business Transformation Lead
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The Regional Distribution Business Transformation Lead reports to the Head of Regional Distribution Delivery & Transformation and will have a mandate to ensure the initiatives that are prioritized to deliver on Manulife's Regional Distribution strategic vision and objectives will have the buy-in, organizational visibility and change management activities in place to achieve the desired results.
This role will encompass all Regional Distribution projects across channel and business or technology based initiatives and accordingly will involve extensive stakeholder management and collaboration across all functional and business units.
This role is responsible for developing a clear understanding and support for organizational change management with senior leadership and throughout the organization. The Director partners with internal and external resources as they establish an organizational change model/methodology and execute change management strategies and plans in support of business transformation initiatives.
The lead will execute on operations strategies and manifest change in operations capitalizing on new capabilities, new products and channels and relevant process improvements consistent with the company's strategies, solutions, product, go-to-market and operating roadmap.
- Understand, analyze country strategy and business drivers within Manulife that will provide the baseline framework for business case drivers
- Collaborate, negotiate and obtain buy in from the countries for business case benefits (qualitative and quantitative) from the senior and working levels
- Develop and manage a framework and process to assess the impact of the change, including evaluation of proposals and benefits analysis
- Implement change management strategies to enable the success for transformation and initiatives including change impact assessments, stakeholder management, planning internal and external communications (in tandem with relevant teams) and training requirements, change risk and issues with appropriate mitigation strategies in place.
- Lead the institutionalization, adoption and measurement of change. Develop reliable, predictable and reproducible change models, best practices and frameworks that can be leveraged across different initiatives. Identify resistance and performance gaps, and work to develop and implement corrective actions as well as celebrations of success.
- Develop key artefacts that can be standardized to track KPI's and business case benefit realization that can be reported at various levels
- Develop and create a team of Change Management agents to lead the continued development, management and delivery of our Change Management discipline across all initiatives that touch Distribution.
- Drive accountability (through influence vs. direct reporting lines) as appropriate to ensure projects are completed on time, on budget, and with unparalleled quality.
- Align with the Distribution Target Operating Model and ensure that we develop, execute and embed a change plan to transform the organization as per the (TOM)
- Build, lead and develop a high-calibre Business Transformation Team into a successful unit to drive and embed change across the organisation
- Ensure stakeholder engagement with senior leads is maintained for the duration of the programme and deals
- Proven success leading change activities for large scale, global initiatives, involving transformations of organizational structures, systems implementations, process improvement or process re-engineering.
- Expertise in creating and deploying change management best practices, frameworks and playbooks that align to company or business unit's overall strategy.
- Working in a complex matrixed reporting environment with global program implementation teams including Asia territories.
- Proven leadership ability that energizes and mobilizes teams to embrace change and achieve results. Ability to be empowered by Senior Management and champion execution. Willing to 'roll up sleeves' to complete assignments.
- Innovative thinker with the ability to negotiate, influence and challenge the status quo to continuously improve processes.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to collaborate and build relationships across the Division and the Company.
- Impeccable verbal/ written communication skills presenting and working with a variety of technical and non-technical audiences including senior executives.
- Develop, lead, influence and manage multidisciplinary program / project teams to ensure goals are achieved and to drive superior business outcomes. This can include both direct and indirect reports, where part or fully dedicated to a program.
- Coach and mentor staff in leading and sustaining change through people.
- Interact with geographically and functionally disparate teams to ensure alignment to business engagement and change management strategy and principle.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.