Senior Digital Strategy and Operations Manager - Retail Banking and Wealth Management
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Feb 18 2018-02-08
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Retail Banking and Wealth Management serves more than 50 million customers worldwide with a complete range of banking and wealth management services to enable them to manage their finances and protect and build their financial futures. It is a global business that brings together management responsibility for Retail Banking, Wealth Management, Insurance and Asset Management with a focus on customer-centric propositions and innovative and efficient distribution channels.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Digital Strategy and Operations Manager.
In this role, you will
- Play a role in directing activities critical to the unblocking and enablement of cross functional and platform teams, across multiple functional areas example, Technology enablement, property, funding, resourcing
- Design and promote Ways of Working and ensure there is a consistent operating structure across the region.
- Drive headcount planning and approval process for headcount and closely monitor total spend from a finance angle by working with the Operations team for Asia Pacific and the Global team.
- Work with functions outside of Digital to enable us to deliver example Information Technology, Operations.
- Ensure different teams within Digital globally and locally are joined up in objectives, activities and delivery.
- Lead specific projects example how do we manage data across the different teams and activities
- Create a consolidated view of status and actions for Digital as a Channel, working with stakeholders including the regional Digital Centres of Excellence, Human Resource, and HSBC Digital Solutions product teams to ensure the Digital as a Channel agenda and plans are being fully adopted and collating and preparing materials for weekly and monthly Digital as a Channel trading meetings, including commercial performance, customer satisfaction, and operational Key Performance Indexs, taking minutes and distributing actions from those meetings.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- An individual with a strategic and innovate approach to delivery, comfortable with a high level of ambiguity prepared to relentlessly drive through extensive change to an aggressive timeline.
- Extensive experience in operations, operational design and business improvement.
- Extensive experience designing and delivering Target Operating Models in Digital organisations, able to demonstrate a high level of experience in business design.
- Effective written and oral communication and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of agile project management with cross functional teams.
- Extensive experience in providing thought leadership, and driving a complex change agenda, and an ability to challenge the status quo.
- Ability to lead and influence stakeholders at all levels of an organization
- Solutions and detail oriented, with strong commercial and business acumen
- Understanding of organizational dynamics, operating experience with large and complex organizations
- Experience with or a strong appreciation of working in a highly regulated, controlled, process driven environment
- Strong Commercial Orientation, ability in balancing risks versus rewards and maximizing the cost effectiveness and profitability for the business.
- Strong strategic mindset with the ability to articulate a crisp and inspirational plan that others seek to follow
- Experience of leading edge innovation cultures such as Amazon, hitech
- Respectful of different cultures, working with colleagues from across all five regions, North America, Latin America, Middle East, Asia Pacific and Europe
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009O2M
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited