Senior Development Specialist - Global Software Delivery
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Sep 17 2017-09-28
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Within HSBC Operations, Services and Technology, Global Software Delivery enables HSBC to remain at the leading edge in the development and delivery of high-quality, customised banking systems. The division provides tailored, cost-competitive and robust banking solutions and services that offer a flexible and scalable framework for delivering projects on time, within budget and at the highest quality, meeting both the current and future IT challenges facing the Group.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Development Specialist.
In this role, you will
- Provide technical leadership for the architecture insight, functional and non functional requirement analysis, architecture logical and physical design review, and architecture governance of HSBC Liquidity & Cash Management systems to local, regional and global business units
- Assist with the development and drive the adoption of an integration strategy for Global Liquidity and Cash Management systems with particular focus on use of APIs.
- Work closely with development and project teams to deliver architectures that appropriately address business needs and timelines.
- Evaluate vendor product, solution and provide architecture decision to meet business functional and non functional requirement.
- Ensure completion of documentation, for example Architecture presentation deck, non functional requirement specification, architecture decision clear choice paper, vendors evaluation checklist, with quality
- Maintain close communication with business users, domain architects, IT teams and coordinate architecture related activities
- Ensure system complies with group architecture policies and standards
- Follow Decision Driven Design procedures for architecture quality control purposes and ensure proper reconciliation.
- Provide architecture view and guidance for new project, system development and contribute to sustainable saves initiatives
- Arrange Architecture Design Review meeting for projects of varying scale and complexity to meet changing objectives
- Study and resolve architecture design issues arising in connection with IT services
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- University level degree or equivalent experience in computer science or a related field
- Strong knowledge of architecture discipline and the ability to put the governance into practice, knowledge of industry standard architecture frameworks would be an advantage
- Strong technical knowledge on the use and development of RESTFul APIs and technologies. For example Mulesoft or Spring, which support them.
- Strong business and technical knowledge on Payment System, Liquidity and Cash Management System would be a definite advantage
- Solid knowledge in Linux distributed platform, WAS, Oracle and Java
- Technical knowledge in Cyber Security experience would be an advantage
- Solid mainframe experience in COBOL, CICS, JCL, DB2, TWS, File Manager would be an advantage
- Experience in Corporate Banking and Global Liquidity and Cash Management projects would be an advantage
- Track record in leading the architecture design of complex projects under diversified, matrix team structure
- Sound appreciation of the end to end architecture design including hardware, middleware and software knowledge
- Good understanding of business and IT roadmaps, requirements and able to provide technical solutions to customers promptly
- Strong analytical, design and problem solving skills
- Ability in working under pressure
- Strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills with good command of written and spoken English
- Good command of spoken Mandarin would be an advantage
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the capacity to foster partnership among project participants and collaborate with them to ensure successful project delivery
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009RPL
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited