Senior Development Engineering Officer - HSBC Operations, Services and Technology
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you're looking for a career that will unlock new opportunities, join HSBC and experience the possibilities.
HSBC Operations, Services and Technology is a pivotal part of the Group, providing essential operational and technical support to our global businesses and helping improve customer service and efficiency. HOST combines global expertise and technology to help keep us ahead of the competition.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Development Engineering Officer
. Principal responsibilities
- Responsible for technical design, development, implementation and maintenance of HSBC Wealth Platform systems
- Develop an expert level understanding of the Wealth business systems of the Group and their associated IT development requirements
- Assign tasks to team members and provide effective supervision to ensure the delivery of projects on time and in budget with appropriate quality
- Prepare detailed specifications that describe input, output and logical operation, and convert them into a series of instructions coded in a computer language
- Provide estimates for development efforts from design documents
- Review code and documentation to ensure code meets the design criteria and work is of an acceptable quality
- Optimize operational performance and improve quality whilst increasing cost effectiveness
- Unit testing, system integration testing and support of user acceptance testing
- Configuration management and maintenance of DEV and UAT test environments
- Work with business users for support or development queries
- Work with IT Infrastructure and other IT application teams as required
- Work with other IT departments to define and plan the introduction of new systems or changes to existing systems, identifying costs and requirements and ensuring plans are in place to exploit them
- Supervise the rectification of production system issues with the minimum disruption to the business
- Provide additional support and cover for Production support issues
- Investigate and resolve problems arising in connection with IT services
- Ensure compliance with all relevant internal instructions, internal control standards and external regulatory requirements, including the management of operational risk and adherence to the Groups standards of ethical behavior
You'll achieve more when you join HSBC.
- Bachelors degree with major or minor in computer science or a related field, or equivalent experience
- Qualification in a related business discipline an advantage
- Extensive relevant working experience, involvement in wealth management or investment IT functions preferred
- Experience in the areas of retail investment, wealth management, asset management would be an added advantage
- Prior experience in working in a diversified or matrix team structure will be an advantage
- Solid expertise in REACT, J2EE, WebSphere Application Server, IBM MQ, Oracle PL or SQL, Java, AOP, Hibernate, Spring, JMS, Web Services such as JAXWS, JSON, ES 6.x Foundation 1.x, database design, with a strong awareness of emerging technologies and industry standards
- Proficiency in design and modeling standards such as UML and design patterns
- Experience of SQL and SQL script programming as well as experience with Oracle is preferred
- Unix experience
- XML schema knowledge
- Experience of Oracle v11gr2, 12c and above, Eclipse 4.7 or above, Rational Requirement Composer RRC, Rational Team Concert RTC, Confluence and JIRA
- Knowledge of Agile development will be an added advantage
- Solid experience in Amazon tools and infra structure including EC2, EKS, S3, Lambda, RDS, Dynamo DB, PostgreSQL
- Excellent analytic and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, with the ability to effectively interact with different groups of stakeholders
- Strong team player who also has the ability to work under pressure, independently and proactively
- Willing to travel
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.