Senior Developer, Fixed Income Trading Technology, Vice President, Hong Kong
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Morgan Stanley
- 24 Feb 18 2018-02-24
See job description for details
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries.
As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture.
About Division and Role
The Fixed Income technology department is responsible for the core technologies providing trade capture and risk management for the fixed income business, traders and salespeople. On the trading side, the systems allow traders to manage trades and positions, calculate P&L, and determine risk during the entire trading life-cycle. For salespeople, the technology team provides applications allowing them to price and execute trades agreed with clients, and to view clients trades, positions and revenues.
This particular position offers a business-facing role.
- Development of a high performance, cross-asset position keeper to support our growing eTrading business
- Ability to make a difference in the business across multiple departments, trading desks and product areas
- Working in a genuinely agile development environment supported by a strong technical team
- Close collaboration with colleagues in the fixed income technology/strats teams and other technology teams
To support these responsibilities, fixed income technology team members must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. They must be able to work collaboratively with other senior developers and with the trading desk (traders and strats) directly. As Morgan Stanley employees, all technology team members are expected to maintain the highest standards of professional conduct and practice.
- Professional development experience of at leastsix years
- Strong core Java development background: comfortable with threading and interprocess communication
- Solid understanding of test-driven development
- Clear understanding of object-oriented fundamentals
- Experience in developing high throughput, low latency transaction/event processing systems
- Preferable to have experience in developing, delivering and supporting software for Linux (or other UNIX) operating systems
- Experience in developing CQRS or event-sourced systems.