Our client, one of the largest and leading Organisations within the Financial Services industry, is currently looking for a highly skilled DevOps Engineer who will join a strong technical Digital Platform team as they work on building and enhancing their core Digital product offerings. As part of this, they need strong technical SME's who can be responsible for enhancing their capabilities. The main tasks will be developing Digital Infrastructure and working on improving automation for software and application deployment. Due to the environment, knowledge of Public Cloud based technologies and infrastructure will be advantageous.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Collaborate with development teams on the building of websites, applications, and software pieces.
- Work on creating automated code to improve efficiency and reduce risk.
- Work on building efficient frameworks with automation that can support auto-scaling.
- Support and monitor the company’s digital architecture, analyse and review for performance and compliance.
- Proactively anticipates issues and problems before they occur and work with team to identify solutions.
- Document and update processes and procedures for ongoing software and system improvements.
- Participate in the planning and delivery process of software and IT system enhancement.
- Work in collaboration with both development and operational teams.
- Collaborate with the organisation’s security and compliance teams to ensure the service is protected from threats.
- Work with planning departments to get software and IT systems up and running in a timely manner.
- Monitor industry trends and keep abreast of new tools and technologies, as well as changes to compliance requirements.
- Contribute significantly to conducting analyses and feeding this data back to relevant teams to support their efforts.
Requirements of the role:
- Degree holder in IT / Computer Science or equivalent discipline.
- At least 3 years’ experience as a DevOps Engineer or similar role.
- Strong familiarity with automation and automation tools such as Terraform, Ansible, Jenkins, ELK, Dynatrace and SonarQube
- Knowledge of scripting languages (e.g., Python Groovy)
- Familiarity with microservices development (e.g., Node.js, Spring Boot)
- a strong understanding and knowledge of public cloud providers (e.g., AWS, Microsoft Azure)
- Familiarity with mobile application testing is beneficial.
- Experience working within an Enterprise environment is advantageous but not necessarily essential.
- Exceptional communication, interpersonal and organisational skills, with strong English language.
- Excellent analytical mind and problem-solving skills, able to work individually, or as a team.
If interested in finding out more, please send your updated CV to: email@example.com and put "Devops Engineer" in the subject heading.