Senior Customer Selection and Exit Management Coordinator - Commercial Banking
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 08 Nov 17 2017-11-08
Some careers shine brighter than others
If you’re looking for a role that will help you stand out at HSBC, take a look at how you can fulfil your potential.
HSBC Commercial Banking serves millions of businesses ranging from small, to large corporates, providing commercial customers with a full range of banking services including Global Trade and Receivables Finance, RMB solutions, multi-currency business accounts, payments and cash management, and wealth management and insurance, as well as a comprehensive range of financing solutions. With dedicated Relationship Managers and Product Specialists providing local support and advice in over 60 countries and territories, HSBC helps connect customers to opportunities.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Customer Selection and Exit Management Coordinator.
In this role, you will
- Assist the Regional Head to develop and implement commercial banking standards and policies on reputational risk and client selection within the Asia Pacific region
- Deputize for the Regional Head in his or her absence and represent the function at the Reputational Risk and Client Selection and other regional committees or meetings or forums
- Develop relationships with Small and Medium Enterprises in the specialized area of reputational risk and client selection to frontline Relationship Managers, senior regional management of commercial banking and other senior stakeholders within the compliance and risk function
- Review relevant reporting material to identify emerging reputational risk and client selection matters within the commercial banking business and address or escalate as appropriate
- Responsible for coordinating Customer Selection and Exit Management Stakeholders and hand-offs and collaboration with FLoD and Product Partners, including Global Trade and Receivable Finance, Global Liquidity and Cash Management, Insurance, SLoD such as Anti Money Laundering investigation, Financial Crime Compliance, Sanctions, Anti Bribery and Corruption, Regulatory Compliance, Legal and HSBC Operations, Services and Technology to ensure operational effectiveness of Customer Selection and Exit Management
- Ensures local execution of Customer Selection and Exit Management Governance of related fora and ToRs in line with approved guidance
- Defines, measures, tracks performance of operational effectiveness of Customer Selection and Exit Management stakeholders through management information whilst driving regulatory projects and Global Standards Customer Selection and Exit Management related initiatives and identify improvement opportunity through automation
- Managing, tracking and oversight of throughput from Thematic programs and projects
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Solid experience ideally in financial institutions, accounting or audit firms, law firms, due diligence or investigation or background check firms or management consultancy firms
- High level of understanding in all types of financial crime risk
- Familiarity with the majority of financial services products such as Global Markets, Payments and Cash Management, Securities Services, Trade and Lending
- Able to demonstrate expertise in the field of reputational risk and client relationship management
- Previous experience in mitigating reputational and client relationship risk
- Proven ability to exercise sound judgment, based on expert knowledge of reputational risk and client relationships
- Seen as a point of authority by senior business executives
- Lateral thinker or problem solver working in a complex environment
- Excellent communication, interpersonal, influencing and relationship building skills
- Able to adapt change in a fast pace environment
- Strong analytical skills, with critical thinking and attention to details
- High degree of integrity and embrace team work or collaboration culture
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009YHB
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited