Senior Credit Officer, International Corporates HK & Structured Finance Risk GCNA
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
The successful applicant will act as the second line Risk Control Owner for credit risk and its specific sub-types such as external rules and regulations (prudential regulations for credit risk). As the risk control owner, be responsible for:
- Setting (or proposing) the risk-type framework, risk tolerances and risk appetite, policies and control standards
- Making decisions within delegated authorities and maintaining necessary expertise to manage such risks
- Establishing effective assurance and reporting mechanisms; and
- Design and effectiveness of the risk controls, monitoring of compliance to the Board approved risk tolerances and effectiveness of risk controls; and escalate material exceptions to appropriate management and risk committees.
- Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
- Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
- Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
- Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function.
- Maintain and develop the Function's risk capabilities, and skills meet ongoing needs and plans
- Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner
- Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable i nternal policies, and external laws and regulations.
People and Talent
- Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function's risk management processes
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
- Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives
- Assess the credit risk profile of the IC HK and Corporate Finance GCNA portfolios, maintaining alignment with risk appetite by rebalancing of risks or controls that may be required in response to internal and external factors.
- Act as Second Line Risk Framework Owner under the Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for credit risk)
- Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
- Ensuring timely submission and accuracy of Hong Kong and Corporate Finance GCNA credit portfolio data to appropriate committees as well as for regulatory reporting purposes.
- Ensure Early Alert process is adhered to, and assist relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to minimise losses.
- Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
- Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
- Maintain delegated authorities in line with internal policies and ensure that delegations are in line with individual capabilities.
- Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Lead the IC Risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
Key Stakeholders Internal:
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- In country (for HK) and regional (for Corporate finance GCNA) Client Coverage Head, Country Segment Heads, Senior Bankers, credit/Marketing group
- Head, Group Audit (Country for HK, and Group for SF GCNA)
- Treasurer (Country) and various GM Head of Sales
- Head GSAM (Country and Regional )
- Chief Executive (Country)
- Head, Legal Affairs and Compliance (Country)
- Senior / Regional Credit Officer (Region)
- Executives (including equivalent CRM Units) of other banks
- Key Corporate and Institutional relationships in country
- Members of the legal professions
- Directors/Key contacts in the business community
- Auditors / Government regulators
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.