- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Credit Officer, International Corporates, HK
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Credit Officer, International Corporates, HKAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
• Awareness and understanding of the Group's business strategy and model appropriate to the role.
• Inform the development of business plans with the provision of cost and impairment forecasts and a balanced judgment on the external environment.
• Awareness and understanding of the wider business, economic and market environment in which the Group operates
• Communicate the strategic intent and collective agenda for the Function.
• Maintain and develop the Function's risk capabilities, and skills to meet ongoing needs and plans
• Supervise all processes where a member of the Function is the identified first line process owner.
• Ensure effective management of the operational risks within the Function and compliance with applicable internal policies, and external laws and regulations.
• Continuously improve the operational efficiency and effectiveness of the Function's risk management processes.
People and Talent
• Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values.
• Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people, and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
• Set and monitor job descriptions and objectives for direct reports and provide feedback and rewards in line with their performance against those responsibilities and objectives.
• Act as Second Line Risk Framework Owner under the Group's Enterprise Risk Management Framework (including relevant Operational Risk Framework ownership for credit risk).
• Ensuring that the quality of Business Credit Applications (BCAs) meets Group standards, particularly with regards to the completeness and depth of risk analysis.
• Ensuring timely submission and accuracy of Hong Kong credit portfolio data to appropriate committees as well as for regulatory reporting purposes.
• Ensure Early Alert is adhered to, and assist relationship managers in identification and managing up or out of accounts exhibiting signs of deterioration and assist Group Special Assets Management, where appropriate, in managing accounts to minimise losses.
• Ensure compliance to the Operational Risk framework including the effective application of risk toolkit (self-assessments, KRIs, KCSs, etc) and reporting.
• Initiate stress tests as required by internal and external factors and review results and assess their implications
• Maintain delegated authorities in line with internal policies and ensure that delegations are in line with individual capabilities.
• Increasing working profits through effective management of the loan asset portfolio in order to help develop the franchise in a sustainable way and minimise provisions.
• Undertake regular customer visits to better understand the business environment
Regulatory & Business conduct
• Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
• Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
• Lead the IC Risk team to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles.
• Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters
• In country Client Coverage Head, Country Segment Heads, Senior Bankers, credit/Marketing group
• Head, Group Audit (Country)
• Treasurer (Country) and various GM Head of Sales
• Head GSAM (Country and Regional)
• Chief Executive (Country)
• Head, Legal Affairs and Compliance (Country)
• Senior / Regional Credit Officer (Region)
• Executives (including equivalent CRM Units) of other banks
• Key Corporate and Institutional relationships in country
• Members of the legal professions
• Directors/Key contacts in the business community
• Auditors / Government regulators
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.