Senior Credit Analyst
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- First Abu Dhabi Bank
- 15 Jan 18 2018-01-15
Support sustainable growth of the North Asia portfolio by timely submission of New Client Credit Applications, Interim Reviews and Annual Reviews.
- NEA portfolio is composed of over AED 35 / USD 10 billion consisting of complex multiproduct / multi-jurisdictional clients with significant cross-network revenue potential. The portfolio is expected to grow rapidly given the APAC strategy. The incumbent needs to be comfortable partnering with senior business counterparts in originating and monitoring large complex cross-border transactions, and providing support to the NEA head in managing a diverse and complex portfolio. Specific credit and market experience is a key 2 requirement.
- Proactively drive discussion with Product, Coverage Team, other internal stakeholders and clients with the aim to thoroughly understand rationale and justifications for all credit requests.
- Ability to rope in and address relevant issues from diverse product and industry perspectives and articulate to NEA Head and other credit and business seniors.
- Responsible for structuring the lending transactions in a stringent manner.
- Analyze both quantitative and qualitative factors and ensure annual reviews and credit packages are on schedule and as per the bank’s policies.
- Spread and analyse financial statements in order to evaluate credit quality and portfolio risk.
- Recommend appropriate risk rating for the reviewed clients and record analysis and conclusions.
- Monitor on-going credit developments and compliance to credit conditions and loan agreement (i.e. Timely submission of required documents, market development that may have impact on our clients and credit portfolio)
- Prepare financial and cash flow forecast based on sound and justified assumptions.
- Manage the submission process.
- Lead the quarterly portfolio analysis and drive action steps to improve the overall North East Asia portfolio quality.
- Localise the Group Credit Policy and ensure the local country addendum covers all HKMA’s requirements.
- Proactively identify and work with North East Asia Head to propose remedial strategies for problem credits
- Meet clients at mid and senior levels to discuss specific transactions and seek general credit updates
- Upskill junior Credit Analysts such that they can independently complete thorough credit analysis.
- Act as the Deputy Head of Credit North East Asia when Head of Credit North Asia is on leave or business trip.
- Coordinate across the region and assist NEA head on special projects
- Perform ad-hoc duties as assigned by Manager
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- Degree in Business, Accounting, Finance or relevant discipline.
- 10 years’ experience preferably in first class international or major regional banks with a combination of credit analysis, preparation of credit application, risk/team/portfolio management, credit policy or frontline origination.
- Demonstrated ability to understand, identify key risks/ mitigants at transactional, product & industry sector level
- Proven financial analytical skills and able to identify and evaluate credit risks in multiproduct/ multi-jurisdictional transactions.
- Commercial aptitude, good at spreadsheet, financial modelling and cash flow projections.
- Ability to communicate both verbally and in written presentation & ability to speak Mandarin would be an advantage.
- Demonstrated multi discipline influencing, deal approval and execution skills across product and credit approval chains – a listing of deals / sector experience will be preferred
- Ability to manage one’s own time effectively and to work under pressure and independently.
- Strong problem solving skills and ability to manage regulatory requirements.
- Capable to organize the work load and meet deadlines