Senior Corporate Actions Consultant
- Hong Kong Hong Kong Hong Kong HK
- Permanent, Full time
- Northern Trust Company
- 23 Apr 18 2018-04-23
Senior Corporate Actions Consultant
Who we are
For more than a century, Northern Trust has worked hard building our legacy of outstanding service, expertise, and integrity. From a Chicago-based bank founded in 1889, we now have more than 20 international locations and 16,500 employees globally. We serve the world's most-sophisticated clients - from sovereign wealth funds and the wealthiest individuals and families to the most-successful hedge funds and corporate brands.
We burnished our reputation as a global leader delivering innovative investment management, asset and fund administration, fiduciary and banking solutions enabled by sophisticated, leading technology. And through it all, we continually laid a solid, forward-looking foundation on which future generations can continue growing and achieving greater.
What we do
Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services is a leading provider of administration and middle office services for alternative fund managers and institutional investors with complex portfolios. Its full-service, front-to-back operating model can support any asset or strategy with unparalleled flexibility in data management and reporting.
What you will do
We seek a bright and engaging individual with demonstrated and extensive technical and business knowledge within the corporate actions discipline across multiple jurisdictions. You will carry out complex initiatives involving multiple disciplines and ambiguous issues. You will also be skilled in liaising with the rest of the business to improve efficiency, effectiveness and productivity. You will form part of the wider Corporate Actions team, providing operational support in respect of corporate actions for Northern Trust's clients.
This role reports to the Head of Northern Trust Hedge Fund Services Asia-Pacific and forms part of the wider Hedge Fund Asset servicing team.
- Strong technical knowledge required in respect of the principles and market practices of Corporate Actions across multiple jurisdictions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills are required
- Strong Excel knowledge and skills
- In-depth Functional and Industry Knowledge is required, mainly on Asian markets including Australia & Japan
- Highly flexible, adaptable to change, excellent organizational skills with an ability to prioritize multiple deliverables and work with minimum supervision.
- An excellent knowledge of Asia corporate actions (priority focus relating to Voluntary and Mandatory offers) is required to evaluate any part of the event which may require particular attention for the client needs.
- Resolution of any reconciliation items, either cash or stock, that relate to corporate actions
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively handle deadlines and work well under pressure
- Self-motivated and pro-active
- Drive to understand the business and improve the service model
As of December 31, 2017, Northern Trust Corporation had:
- $139 billion in banking assets
- $8.1 trillion in assets under custody
- $10.7 trillion in assets under custody / administration
- $1.2 trillion in assets under management
Northern Trust is an equal opportunity employer. We aim for excellence in our efforts to recruit, develop and deploy the highest caliber workforce. Our commitment and success to a diverse workforce is evident in employee satisfaction and industry acknowledgment. For a list of all our achievements please click here .
The closing date to apply for this role is 30 th April 2018 and we will be in touch with an update within two weeks.
For a private discussion please contact Gez Williams on +61 3 9935 8204.