About this role:
Wells Fargo is seeking a Senior Control Management Specialist covering the Asia Pacific Chief Operating Office (COO) and the Asia Pacific Operations team. In this role, you will:
Required Qualifications, International:
- Participate in identifying, assessing, managing, and mitigating current and emerging risk exposures within Control Management functional area
- Provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies, business processes, and business controls
- Monitor moderately complex business specific programs and provide risk management consulting to support the business in designing and implementing risk mitigation strategies
- Monitor, measure, evaluate, and report on the impact of decisions and controls to the relevant business group or functional area
- Provide guidance to business groups on the development, implementation, and monitoring of business specific programs to identify, assess, and mitigate risk
- Collaborate with Asia Pacific COO and Operations teams to identify current and emerging risks associated with business activities and operations
- Execute and manage the advancement of core risk program requirements, such as the Risk and Control Self Assessment (RCSA) program, Operational Risk Event analysis and reporting, and issues management
Desired Experience and Qualifications:
- University Degree (Bachelor's or equivalent) and 5+ years experience in Risk Management, Control Management, Operations Processing/Control or equivalent demonstrated through one or a combination of the following: work experience, training, education
We Value Diversity
- Experience with first line of business controls and operational processes for large financial institutions
- Solid working knowledge of financial services businesses (ie, wholesale and commercial and correspondent banking) its products and services, and relevant risks and controls of the business
- Prior experience in process improvement, automation of control processes, quality assurance and quality control routines, and risk and control metrics and reporting
- Working knowledge financial services regulatory and supervisory frameworks
- Excellent communication skills (verbal, written and interpersonal) and ability to concisely articulate complex concepts in a clear manner
- Strong analytical skills with high attention to detail and accuracy
At Wells Fargo, we believe in diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace; accordingly, we welcome applications for employment from all qualified candidates, regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, individuals with disabilities, pregnancy, marital status, status as a protected veteran or any other status protected by applicable law.
Employees support our focus on building strong customer relationships balanced with a strong risk mitigating and compliance-driven culture which firmly establishes those disciplines as critical to the success of our customers and company. They are accountable for execution of all applicable risk programs (Credit, Market, Financial Crimes, Operational, Regulatory Compliance), which includes effectively following and adhering to applicable Wells Fargo policies and procedures, appropriately fulfilling risk and compliance obligations, timely and effective escalation and remediation of issues, and making sound risk decisions. There is emphasis on proactive monitoring, governance, risk identification and escalation, as well as making sound risk decisions commensurate with the business unit's risk appetite and all risk and compliance program requirements.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in US: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or status as a protected veteran.
Candidates applying to job openings posted in Canada: Applications for employment are encouraged from all qualified candidates, including women, persons with disabilities, aboriginal peoples and visible minorities. Accommodation for applicants with disabilities is available upon request in connection with the recruitment process.