Senior Consulting Manager, BFS
The Cognizant Difference - Helping our Clients Win In Digital
At Cognizant Consulting, our consultants orchestrate the capabilities to truly change the game-across strategy, design, technology and industry/functional knowledge. Our strategy is built around elevating business and industry understanding of the aspirations and unique abilities of our clients and by building these relationships based on trust and value. Summary of Role:
The role of Senior Consulting Manager is to drive Cognizant's consulting business, focusing on Banking & Financial Services (BFS)
for the markets of Greater China. Candidates expected with 12+ years leadership & management experience across consulting, technology strategy & implementation, with deep domain expertise in BFS. Role Responsibilities:
Skills & Experience:
- Drive Cognizant's consulting business across BFS areas such as (inclusive but not limited to) private banking, wholesale banking, retail banking, SME/corporate banking, cards & payments, risk, compliance & regulatory implications, etc.
- Build and develop strong thought leadership across key topics / business trends across domain & functional aspects
- Work with Cognizant's BU & Consulting leadership (regional & global) in supporting long-term strategic initiatives like market expansion, service line expansion, client engagement etc.
- Bring in and establish/build strong & trusted relationships with clients at CXO levels & senior client stakeholders. Identify key business opportunities (strategy & tactical) and drive client conversations as a trusted advisor
- Hands-on-delivery of highly complex & large scale transformation programs for clients by leading a team of Cognizant's consultants. Overall ownership and governance for in-flight engagements managed through the team. Ensure resolution of issues / client priorities as part of overall consulting delivery portfolio
- Lead a team of highly dynamic & talented consultants, managing team's overall consulting execution, talent management, expert mentoring and escalation/conflict management
- Build and drive partnerships with business partners / vendors / FinTech as part of growth strategy
- Hands-on and detailed management of team's goals, targets, performance progress, annual appraisals, periodic guidance for performance improvement with overall ownership for building successful career for reporting tree & overall team
- Strongly support Cognizant's regional initiatives across marketing, building relationship with academia, corporate social responsibility, thought leadership development etc
- 12+ years of deep domain experience across BFS, consulting, technology strategy/execution. Candidates with work experience in tier 1 consulting firms are preferred
- Hands-on experience in managing consulting business with direct client management
- Experience in market expansion, business development & growth and driving consulting sales
- Direct experience of senior level client stakeholders at CXO levels as trusted advisor to drive & support business decision making (including management of client priorities, delivery escalations, conflict resolution etc.)
- Established domain expert in one or two primary or multiple secondary areas within BFS space (retail banking, private banking, asset management, corporate & institutional banking, payments, governance, risk & compliance, cards etc.), including expertise in technology areas (e.g. channels, APIs & micro services, data & analytics, cloud etc.)
- Hands-on experience across independent consulting delivery/execution, business development, client relationship management, service offering development and thought leadership (Experience in building service offering suited to changing market & business trends, with a strong intersection of business & technology in BFS space)
- Direct hands-on exposure in having delivered large scale transformation programs (multi-service line, multi-year) for BFS clients, with clear business impact to clients. Consulting execution including business case development, program management, business analysis, requirement management, operating model definition, domain expertise, business / technology solution design & development, solution launch to business and business benefits realization etc.
- Experience of having worked in a multi-vendor, business partner set-up with exposure in managing partnerships
- Experience in managing a team of highly talented consultants, having handled all aspects of talent development & people management