Senior Consultant / Manager - General Ledger System (Functional) - IFRS 17 - Integrated Marketing Offering - Consulting - Hong Kong
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media.
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm". Objective:
The finance systems functional consultant will play a vital role in IFRS 17 implementations for insurance companies. Responsibilities include performing detailed business requirement analysis, workflow design and system review of the finance systems, i.e., sub-ledger system and general ledger system. Work you'll do:
- Perform operational and business impact assessments on IFRS 17 from a performance, governance, finance systems, finance processes, organizational and stakeholder perspective.
- Perform the design and implementation of accounting hub (or subledger accounting systems), general ledger accounting systems, reporting systems and the overall accounting process and controls.
- Working closely with finance and IT teams to design finance systems, select the fit-for-purpose IT vendors, and implement the solutions.
- Working closely with the technical accountants to assess the implications of accounting polices to the finance systems.
- Work with finance, actuary, IT departments and solution vendors to define outcomes, collect and document functional and non-functional requirements, ensure requirements and solutions are appropriately implemented and tested in the finance functions.
- Identifying opportunities for process improvement.
- Undertaking benchmarking exercises to optimize finance function performance pre- and post-implementation.
- Developing guidance and training materials as part of the change process.
- Building a strong relationship with finance and IT stakeholders
- At least 6+ years of working experience in Financial Accounting, control and process.
- Knowledge of IFRS 15, IFRS 17, IFRS 4 or IFRS 9
- Working experience in major insurance companies with large scale project and system implementation exposure or previous finance system implementation experience.
- University graduate with a Masters or Bachelor's Degree preferably in Accounting, IT or other related disciplines.
- Qualified Accountant is preferred.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong problem solving skills and analytical ability.
- Pro-active and able to work well under pressure
- Strong team player and positive attitude.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN166713