Senior Consultant, Strategy (Insurance focused)
KPMG China operates in 25 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff in Beijing, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Foshan, Fuzhou, Guangzhou, Haikou, Hangzhou, Hefei, Jinan, Nanjing, Ningbo, Qingdao, Shanghai, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Wuhan, Xiamen, Xi'an, Zhengzhou, Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR.
KPMG is a global network of professional services firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services. We operate in 147 countries and territories, and have 219,000 people working in member firms around the world.
KPMG China's Strategy & Performance (S&P) is recruiting an insurance focused Senior Consultant. We advise a range of players in across the insurance value chain from intermediaries to manufacturers and reinsurers as well as a range of Insuretech solutions in life and general insurance. S&P works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic and performance needs across the economic and transaction cycles. Our mission is to provide insights, knowledge and support to our clients to help them make positive decisions which are value enhancing. We are looking to attract, coach and retain exceptional talent to help us achieve our mission.
S&P is organized across five business pillars
- Financial Services
- Healthcare & Life Sciences
- Government & Infrastructure
Operating as one team across China, we work closely with a wide range of organizations from the private, public, and not-for-profit sectors Responsibilities
- Design and run large workstreams or small projects with limited oversight
- Generate hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review
- Construct detailed financial / business models performing complex scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an 'ambassador' for KPMG
- Develop rapport and working relationships with junior clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- Be a strong and effective team player Required experience & technical skills
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in
- Strategy / M&A / Product / Pricing / Actuarial team of an insurance related company (Insurers, Reinsurances and Intermediaries)
- Tier 1 & 2 strategy houses with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Strategy consulting or Transaction advisory or Management consulting in a Big 4 / similar firm with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Degree from a leading tertiary institution
- Sound knowledge of the insurance industry with demonstrated understanding of market landscape, key players, products, distribution channels, etc.
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil key strategic insights
- Ability to build complex financial models that support our recommendations to clients
- Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
- Strong numerical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
- Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Chinese written and oral communication proficiency are a definite advantage
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.