KPMG’s Strategy & Performance advisory team (S&P) is recruiting an insurance focused Senior Consultant. We advise a range of players in across the insurance value chain from intermediaries to primary insurers and reinsurers as well as a range of Insuretech solutions in life, health and general insurance. S&P works with C-level executives to identify, structure and help solve their most critical strategic issues across the economic and transaction cycles. We are seeking exceptional individuals who have a passion for identifying and creating solutions for clients.
It is an exciting time to join the S&P team as we are growing rapidly owing to our unique propositions and strength of client relationships. As a team, we are a group of bright individuals who are passionate about having fun both inside and outside of work.
- Design and run large workstreams or small projects with limited oversight
- Generate hypotheses and drive the storyboarding process
- Produce client ready deliverables that require limited review
- Construct detailed financial / business models performing complex scenario and sensitivity analysis
- Develop solutions to complex problems and challenge the thinking of more senior colleagues and clients
- Liaise effectively with clients whilst working on engagements and act as an ‘ambassador’ for KPMG
- Develop rapport and working relationships with junior clients and maintain them outside of engagements
- Be a strong and effective team player
Required experience & technical skills
- 2-6 years of relevant experience in:
- Strategy / M&A / Product / Pricing / Actuarial team of an insurance related company (Insurers, Reinsurances and Intermediaries)
- Tier 1 & 2 strategy houses with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Strategy consulting or Transaction advisory or Management consulting in a Big 4 / similar firm with extensive experience in insurance projects
- Degree from a leading tertiary institution
- Sound knowledge of the insurance industry with demonstrated understanding of market landscape, key players, products, distribution channels, etc.
- Ability to review and assess large volumes of technical data and distil key strategic insights
- Ability to build complex financial models that support our recommendations to clients
- Strong slide structuring and writing capabilities
- Strong numerical capabilities and problem-solving skills
- Analytical mindset, intellectual curiosity, structured thinking, and creativity
- Confidence, people skills, ambition and pragmatism
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English; Chinese written and oral communication proficiency are a definite advantage
For more information, please visit https://home.kpmg.com/cn/zh/home/services/advisory/strategy.html.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2020 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.