Senior Consultant, Corporate Finance and Treasury Management, Financial Risk Management
In KPMG's Advisory practice, we don't limit ourselves to either strategy or implementation. Instead, we deliver both. Our team in Hong Kong and in China is a young and enthusiastic team that always pushes itself to succeed. Since our creation, we've developed in-depth knowledge of an incredibly broad spread of sectors and services.
Corporate Advisory is a core service area for KPMG China and we are looking for an Senior Consultant to join our Financial Risk Management practice.
KPMG's Financial Risk Management (FRM) team advises clients on the development and implementation of risk management policies, systems and controls. Working with professionals from KPMG International and local network we offer a broad range of financial risk management services to help international corporates and clients in mainland China identify, assess, manage, report, and limit the risks they face.
Our scope of the work covers the full spectrum of financial risks, such as credit risk, market risk, operational risk and liquidity risk; economic capital, capital management, stress testing, risk modeling and validation; regulatory compliance issues; and licensing and regulatory reporting. Clients include local and foreign institutions.
We currently have an outstanding opportunity for a Senior Consultant to provide experience and to help our expanding Corporate Finance and Treasury team further develop its leading market position in the provision of advisory services. Depending on experience and skills, the role will include the delivery and management of strategy, Treasury IT and Reporting, Cash Management and Payments, Risk Management, Accounting and Valuation projects, business development and marketing work for our services, and staff management for ensuring the future growth of the Financial Services Advisory practice in Hong Kong & China. Responsibilities
As a Senior Consultant, your role will be assisting clients with policy, framework, process, methodology, models and systems related to Corporate Treasury. Your main responsibilities will be:
• Support the execution of FRM Market Risk engagements to ensure quality service is delivered
• Assist in developing and maintaining productive client relationships, maximising business opportunities
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of Corporate Treasury practices, both locally and internationally
• Build strong internal relationships within Advisory practice and across other services. Qualifications
• 2 - 5 years of experience in the financial industry, preferably at a corporate, consulting firm or software vendor.
• University degree from a relevant field such as Finance, Mathematics or Science; desired MSc / PhD in a quantitative discipline / qualifications such as HKICPA, CFA or FRM
• Posses a depth of knowledge in:
• Strategy, organization and processes: Development and implementation of organizational structure
(especially setting up a Centralized Treasury Centre), methods, processes and financial risk strategies including implementation of Treasury Management systems as part of corporate transformation or transaction projects
• Treasury IT and Reporting: Implementation of Treasury Management systems and reporting optimization
• Payments: Optimization of payment processes including payment factories and in-house banks
• Cash Management & Liquidity Management: Establishment of cash management structures including bank strategy as well as liquidity planning processes, methodologies and systems
• Financial Risk Management: Identification, quantification and development of control logics and strategies in currency, Interest rate and credit risk management
• Exceptional interpersonal skills with a demonstrated ability to gain the confidence and respect of senior executives
• Strong planning and organizing skills, with the ability to work effectively under pressure managing multiple/ large scale projects or project deliverables
• Excellent analytical skills coupled with a pragmatic approach to problem solving
• Fluent in both English and Chinese (Mandarin and Cantonese), with excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills
• Cross cultural business and overseas experience preferred
• Experience with Alteryx, Qlik or Python is a plus.