Senior Consultant_ Actuarial Services, Advisory
Actuarial Advisory is a growing service area for KPMG and we are looking for a few Senior Consultants to join our Actuarial Advisory practice in Hong Kong.
We are seeking exceptional actuaries with strong communication and client service skills to join our Actuarial Advisory practice. KPMG's Actuarial and Insurance Risk practice provides a broad range of services, including IFRS for Insurers, finance and projection system transformation, risk and capital management, corporate restructuring, transaction support, and audit support. We offer our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax and transaction advisory professionals in diverse and exciting roles. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients. We provide on-the-job support and coaching, and sponsor actuarial examinations.
As a Senior Consultant, you will support the team and senior members in the delivery of technical projects covering a range of actuarial related areas. We are looking for actuaries with the technical expertise to specialise and adapt to provide services across a range of areas.
As an actuarial advisor in our practice, you will provide strategic and methodology guidance to our clients in Hong Kong, China, and countries across Asia, such as Singapore, Malaysia, Taiwan, Korea, Japan and Vietnam. Duties will include
• providing financial modelling and process services
• delivering quality actuarial audit services, covering life insurance and reinsurance;
• supporting client on accounting and regulatory changes like IFRS 17, China C-ross, Hong Kong RBC, BMA, etc.;
• assisting on transformational and optimization projects like financial system transformation;
• providing services on risk and capital management like EC, ALM review, capital restructuring, etc.;
• performing actuarial due diligence in transaction projects; and
• providing actuarial related advisory services, including appointed actuary service, actuarial modeling, product development, valuation, internal audit, etc. Responsibilities:
• Support and participate in the various actuarial projects mentioned above with a focus on financial modelling and process engagements. Assist the senior team members to deliver high quality work within the budget and time limits.
• Closely monitor the project progress against budget and timelines and take the initiative in progressing work.
• Regularly update the senior team members on the work progress and flag key issues in advance.
• Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior team members.
• Build strong internal relationships within KPMG and across regions and other services.
• Maintain up-to-date knowledge of actuarial practices, both locally and internationally. Qualifications:
• 3-5 years working experience in life insurance either in consulting or corporate with at least 2 year of financial modelling software (e.g. Prophet, MoSes, AXIS) and preferable familiarity with stochastic modelling (e.g. Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) library)
• Qualifications: on track with Actuarial Exams of an internationally recognised actuarial professional body.
• Working experience in some of the following areas: finance / capital reporting, regulatory changes such as risk based capital and IFRS, financial modelling, M&A due diligence, Enterprise risk management or economic capital.
• Language: 1) fluent or native English verbal & written 2) Mandarin (and / or Cantonese) verbal & written preferred
• Preferable experience in emerging technologies in data visualisation (e.g. QlikView/Qlik Sense, PowerBI, Tableau) and data analysis (e.g. Python, R, SAS, C++)
• Flexible and able to multi-task.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong interpersonal and team skills.
• Self-starters with good analytical and problem-solving skills.
• Ability to adapt fast and show flexibility when priorities change unexpectedly.