KPMG China's Actuarial Advisory practice is seeking an exceptional life actuary with strong communication skills and a background in financial modelling (e.g. Prophet, MoSes, AXIS) to join our team as Senior Consultant.
What we do
We help insurers set and execute their strategy. Our actuarial practice has grown significantly over the past few years by providing a broad range of services including financial reporting (IFRS17), finance transformation (e.g. automation, robotics, data-mining), financial modelling, risk and capital management, corporate restructuring, business planning, mergers & acquisitions, market entry/exit transactions and audit support.
We often work in cross-functional teams - offering our actuaries the opportunity to work with risk, accounting, tax, transaction advisory and management consulting professionals.
We use technology to maximise insights from, and to transform financial reporting and risk management processes. We also have a supportive global network of actuaries (UK, Europe, US, Asia and Australia) that works together to serve our multinational clients.
As part of the market-leading actuarial consulting team, you will gain access to a broad range of industry stakeholders and unique problems to solve. You will get the opportunity to:
- Be part of an exciting growth story and a high performing and inclusive culture
- Hone your leadership skills, by actively coaching junior team members to
execute a range of projects
- Develop your career, supported by our mentoring network
- Innovate to develop new solutions that add value to our clients
- Have client facing opportunities and be involved in whole projects not just tasks, thus gaining a broad understanding of wider business issues
What you'll do
As a Senior Consultant, you will have a strong technical foundation and the adaptability to provide services across a range of areas. Our agile working culture accelerates your development - both in terms of technical and stakeholder management skills. On a day-to-day basis, you will:
- Run with smaller projects or a workstream within a larger engagement, with guidance from senior actuaries, to deliver high quality work with a focus on financial modelling and process engagements
- Communicate and work with clients and senior team members, taking the initiative to flag key issues as they arise
- Share your expertise with your peers and actively coach junior team members. Contribute to the career development of team members.
- Build strong internal relationships within KPMG and across regions and other services.
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of actuarial practices, both locally and internationally.
What you'll need
- 3-6 years of working experience in life insurance either in consulting or corporate with at least 2 years of financial modelling software (e.g. Prophet, MoSes, AXIS) and preferable familiarity with stochastic modelling (e.g. Asset Liability Strategy (ALS) library)
- On track with actuarial exams of an internationally-recognised actuarial association.
- Working experience in some of the following areas: finance / capital reporting, regulatory changes such as risk-based capital and IFRS, financial modelling (e.g. Prophet, AXIS, MoSes), M&A due diligence, enterprise risk management or economic capital.
- Ideally bilingual in English and either Cantonese or Mandarin.
- Flexible and able to multi-task
- Excellent business and technical writing and presentation skills.
Application - please contact
If you're interested, please contact Shirley.firstname.lastname@example.org. Personal data will be collected for recruitment purposes only.
More about KPMG
KPMG is a global network of professional firms providing Audit, Tax and Advisory services to many of the world's foremost companies. We operate in 154 countries and regions, and have 200,000 people across a range of disciplines working in member firms around the world. KPMG China operates in 19 cities across China, with around 12,000 partners and staff.
To find out more about KPMG and stay tuned with us, find us on Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, WeChat and Weibo.
We offer successful candidates an attractive remuneration package and the opportunity to work in a dynamic and exciting environment.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purposes only.
© 2019 KPMG, a Hong Kong partnership and a member firm of the KPMG network of independent member firms affiliated with KPMG International Cooperative ("KPMG International"), a Swiss entity. All rights reserved.