Senior Consultant - Risk Intelligence
Senior Consultant, Risk Intelligence Solutions and Strategic Planning - Asia
We are seeking a Senior Consultant for a 12 months fixed term contract to support our consulting business for Risk Intelligence Solutions and Strategic Planning in Asia. We are looking for someone with strong project management and delivery skills and experience with market sizing and planning as well as economic impact analysis.
The role involves supporting client engagements including at the scoping stage and leading on delivery for consulting projects in collaboration with our research teams. Our consulting team engages with both private and public sector clients across sectors and our project work is highly varied. This position is based in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, and may require travel to client locations throughout the APAC region.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Senior Consultant will primarily be responsible for managing and delivering consulting project work in the region - working to our Executive Director for Consulting in Asia. The Senior Consultant will be required to manage small ad hoc teams of consultants and researchers to deliver high quality, high impact results to clients. The Senior Consultant will also be responsible for the following:
- Support the development of proposals for clients.
- Support colleagues in the development and execution of account plans for Key and/or Target clients, in order to achieve annual sales targets.
- Act as Project Manager on delivery of consulting projects, and be responsible for delivery to time, budget and quality expectations.
- Provide expert input into consulting assignments to ensure high levels of client satisfaction.
- Analytical work experience preferably gained in a strategy consulting firm or a strategy department of a leading corporate
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word, and PowerPoint
- Ability to collect and utilize relevant business and industry trend information and to analyze this information effectively
- Demonstrated ability to organize data, analyze financial statements and other financial data, and identify relevant issues - preferably ability to develop financial models
- Understanding of economic evaluation methods including economic impact analysis
- Facility with legal contracting for professional services would be beneficial.
- Outstanding leadership capabilities, demonstrating proficiency in both verbal and written communication
- Ability to work effectively with clients and HIS Markit colleagues.
- High degree of personal integrity and motivation; willingness to commit the additional time and effort necessary during periods of heavy workload in order to meet project deadlines
- Willingness to travel in the performance of the duties.
- Intellectual Curiosity
Inclusion and diversity are critical to the success of IHS Markit, and we actively encourage applications from people of all backgrounds. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunity without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other protected category. For more information on the many ways in which we enthusiastically support inclusion and diversity efforts for both candidates and employees, please access our Inclusion & Diversity Statement here .
We are proud to provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment with IHS Markit and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please contact or call +1 212 849 0399. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are considered on a case-by-case basis. This contact information (email and phone) is intended for application assistance and accommodation requests only. We are unable to accept resumes or provide information about application status through the phone number or email address above. Resumes are only accepted through the online application process, and only qualified candidates will receive consideration and follow-up.
IHS Markit maintains a substance-free workplace; employees may be asked to submit to a drug test (where permitted by law). In addition, as a federal contractor in the United States, the company participates in the E-Verify Program to confirm eligibility to work.
For information please click on the following links:
IHS Markit Business Code of Conduct
Right to Work
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Current Colleagues
If you are currently employed by IHS Markit, please apply internally via the Workday internal careers site.