Senior Consultant - Data Scientist - Analytics & Information Management - Consulting
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
Deloitte Consulting is the world's largest management consulting practice. In China we are one of the top consulting firms. Our team comprises around 1,600 bilingual consulting talents located in eight cities in China including Shanghai, Beijing, Hong Kong, Shenzhen, Guangzhou, Cheng Du, Chong Qing and Harbin. In global, we have over 44,000 professionals spreading in over 100 countries/locations. Deloitte Consulting is ranked No.1 in global consulting marketplace by revenue by Kennedy, a leading publisher of consulting marketplace analysis products. In China, Deloitte Consulting is ranked as one of the top 3 consulting service providers by Gartner, a global leading IT research and advisory company. Deloitte consulting is awarded as "the Best HR Consulting Firm".
Deloitte Consulting Technology Service Area aims to provide the end-to-end consulting services by helping clients in different industries to re-engineer the business process, design the enterprise level application system architecture and modules, implement the application systems, manage the changes of business along the whole process, and realize the digital transformation. Deloitte Technology Consulting team is the world-leading enterprise application consulting organization, and continuously ranked as "leader" in the enterprise application consulting market in China for years.
Analytics & Information Management (A&IM) service line aims to help clients get transformation based on insights from data. The service portfolio includes advanced data analytics, big data, data management, enterprise performance management and enterprise data platform etc. The business domain of A&IM covers almost all kinds of business function of clients, like marketing, finance, risk and operation etc. Deloitte's A&IM service has been ranked as 'Leader' by Gartner for several times in recent years. Job Description and Responsibilities
Work you'll do:
- Produce a high quality work product and collaborate with others to deliver a superior client experience
- Understand how business functions operate and how sector trends impact a client's business
- Select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing data, and develop informed recommendations that shape or support the client's business strategy
- Incorporate financial information when evaluating strategic options
- Deliver key messages with clarity, confidence and poise to instill confidence in clients
- Organize insights and define a logical flow to tell a story when presenting recommendations
- Apply a global and diverse perspective to problem solving Acumen
- Address client business challenges in the intersection of process and technology
- Help clients maximize the potential of analytics and information to support their business objectives
- Define a structure to help clients manage data to better deliver information and insights to improve organizational performance
- Design data-based solutions that enable the client's technology agenda, and communicate market trends and potential impacts effectively to the client
- Develop algorithms and statistical predictive models to identify business challenges and opportunities
- Analyze structured and unstructured data, visualize findings and discover insights
- Serve as a subject matter expert on Data Science
Your role as a leader:
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and puts these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
- Bachelor degree in Data Science, Statistics or other related disciplines
- 5 years or above experience with data analysis, data mining, statistical modeling, predictive analytics or data science related work
- Proficiency in Python, R, or other relevant statistical language
- Experience in data visualization tools
- Strong attention to detail and excellent documentation skills, including development and maintenance of policy processes & templates, design documentation
- Deep understanding in research methodologies
- Ability to tie analytic solutions to business/industry value and outcomes
- Experience with Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning will be an added advantage
- Good analytical, problem solving, communication and presentation skills
- Good team player, strong self-initiative, and commitment to achieve high quality results
- Good command of Cantonese, written and spoken English
- Passionate about data science and new technology
- Ability to meet travel requirements
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168904