BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career opportunity in an international, challenging business environment characterized by high pace and diversity with focus on creating valuable relations with our customers. We offer a competitive salary & benefits package and also an excellent work environment where you’re valued as part of our team!
In Asia Pacific, BNP Paribas is one of the best-positioned international financial institutions with an uninterrupted presence since 1860. Currently with over 17,000 employees* and a presence in 13 markets, BNP Paribas provides corporates, institutional and private investors with product and service solutions tailored to their specific needs. It offers a wide range of financial services covering corporate & institutional banking, wealth management, asset management, insurance, as well as retail banking and consumer financing through strategic partnerships.
Worldwide, BNP Paribas has a presence in 73 markets with more than 196,000 employees. It has key positions in its three main activities: Domestic Markets and International Financial Services (whose retail-banking networks and financial services are covered by Retail Banking & Services) and Corporate & Institutional Banking, which serves two client franchises: corporate clients and institutional investors. Asia Pacific is a key strategic region for BNP Paribas and it continues to develop its franchise in the region.
BNP Paribas offers you an exciting career in an international business environment that is fast-paced, diverse and focuses on creating high-value relationships with our clients. We offer competitive salary and benefits, as well as a working environment where you're valued as part of the team.
* excluding partnerships
https://careers.apac.bnpparibas/ BNP Paribas
The BNP Paribas Group is a leader in banking and financial services, employing over 185,000 people across 75 countries and 5 continents. At BNP Paribas, we work continuously on behalf of our clients, helping them to realise their projects around the world. You can be an important part of this, helping us to serve our clients both in mature and emerging markets, providing them with financial solutions across a diverse range of expertise, products and services. Our origins lie in Europe but nearly a quarter of our employees now work in our multi-award-winning Asian offices and we are a committed player in all APAC markets. Department Overview
In an ever changing world with a continually shifting regulatory landscape, Compliance supports the CIB teams globally to deliver award winning products and services to their clients. Compliance sits at the heart of BNP Paribas' internal control framework in the Second Line of Defence and is independent from the CIB businesses. Position Purpose
The successful candidate will be part of the GM Transversal Compliance team based in Hong Kong.
Act as a key subject matter expert advising on the Electronic Execution flow projects, China-related Equity trading (QFII/Stock Connect) and other GM regulatory matters. Act as a central point of co-ordination for various regional projects on GM.
Key contacts include all relevant staff; business and functional leads and teams in APAC Global Markets Department; and various regulatory authorities in APAC. Key Responsibilities
Competencies (Technical / Behavioral)
- Prioritize and execute the Global Markets and ALM Treasury Transversal Compliance book of work
- Perform Coverage work, including but not limited to compliance advisory and compliance program
- Advise business on relevant new laws, rules and regulations
- Liaise with regulators and execute regulatory inquiries, audits, inspections, questionnaires and surveys
- Perform analysis to assess the potential impacts on business processes and controls, and provide Compliance advice to 1LOD on gaps identified
- Execute remediation projects to mitigate issues identified in inspections and audits, operational and compliance incidents and breaches in conjunction with internal stakeholders
- Responsible for coordinating with other team members to ensure seamless execution
- Escalate appropriately and timely Compliance issues to the APAC Head of Global Markets Transversal Compliance Office
- Handle potential compliance issues or breaches in conjunction with various internal parties, where necessary
- Represent compliance on business projects
- Communicate matters and issues to business when required. Assist in production of periodic MIS and KPRIs as directed
- Responsible for identifying opportunities for efficiencies and/or renunciation
- Ad-hoc requests and general administrative support to the APAC Head of Global Markets Transversal Compliance Office
- Solid understanding of Hong Kong Banking laws and HKMA regulations as applied to Global markets Fixed Income products
- Strong working knowledge of Fixed Income products (Rates/Government Bonds, FX/Commodities, Corporate Bonds) as well as instruments types (Swaps, Options, Repos)
- Knowledge and understanding of similar laws and regulations in North Asia (especially China) preferable
- Strong interpersonal skills, with the ability to communicate and consult clearly at all levels - business, management and other support functions
- Knowledge of risk and control framework or procedure of a financial institution
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Able to work independently adopting a hands-on approach
- Ability to handle multi-tasking
Specific Qualifications/Experience Required
Education & Experience:
- Undergraduate Degree with 8 years or more experience in the Compliance department of financial institutions, international brokers or securities regulators; with strong knowledge of equities/prime products in APAC, preferably with advisory experience
- The candidate should have a good understanding of the regulatory environment and the key challenges and developments which the business as well as the wider industry faces