Senior Communications Manager, Group Insurance - Global Communications
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 15 Feb 18 2018-02-15
Some careers grow faster than others.
If you’re looking for further opportunities to develop your career, take the next step in fulfiling your potential right here at HSBC.
Global Communications, designs and implements communications strategies which support HSBC’s business objectives, in line with our values, and enhance and protect our reputation among key stakeholders.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Communications Manager, Group Insurance.
In this role, you will
- Plan and deliver an integrated communications strategy for Insurance, which is aligned to Groups strategy
- Drive understanding and engagement among internal cross business audiences, to support growth
- Create an external profile for the business that attracts clients and talent, and promotes growth
- Build a targeted, thought leading external media agenda to demonstrate the expertise and offering of the business
- Plan, manage and execute a cohesive employee and external communications strategy for Insurance.
- Deliver business supportive communications globally to attract customers and talent and engage colleagues, thereby supporting the achievement of business objectives.
- Anticipate and identify issues that may have an impact on the Group.
- Actively engage with functional and business peers to build and safeguard the reputation of HSBC and Insurance globally, including in depth
- Help Insurance to define, refine, and deliver their key messages and positioning and keep focus on priority markets.
- Maintain knowledge of global industry developments, stakeholder requirements, competitor activities and market trends to shape and inform the future communications direction of Insurance.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Strong and broad understanding of insurance business and industry and global marketplace.
- Excellent working relationship with senior management and key internal and external stakeholders.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English, Chinese language skill is an advantage
- Seniority, with natural gravitas
- Strong leadership, people management, interpersonal, strategic planning, influencing, engagement, negotiation, project management skills.
- Proven ability to be effective and successful in a highly complex matrix structure.
- Media relations specialist.
- Strong storytelling skills with proven ability to produce clear, engaging narrative.
- Strong presentation skills with experience of delivering to board level standards.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 0000AF8B
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited