Senior Business Risk Manager, FMO
About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base. The Role Responsibilities
The role of the Financial Markets Operations - Business Risk Manager is to partner and support Financial Markets Operations to proactively identify, quantify, prioritise and mitigate risks, improve controls and maintain focus on operational excellence and sustainable solutions. In addition, global governance management and project work within FMO R&C to assist in the execution of their Book of Work.
Candidates should have a good understanding of products within Financial Markets and Security Services. They should have experience in managing stakeholders across multiple locations and ability to influence senior members of management teams.
They should demonstrate good communication and project management skills and have had previous 1LoD experience in a banking environment.
Experience in resilience, FCC, conduct, compliance would be beneficial but not essential.
The successful candidate must be a self starter, have a positive attitude to change and be able to motivate others. Key roles & responsibilities of the role will be:
People and Talent:
- Management and coordination of global FMO R&C governance forums
- Perform deep dive reviews and process map to better understand and improve the control environment
- Assesses risk and control metrics (losses, near miss incidents, control effectiveness data in order to identify top themes and trends.)
- Evaluate the appropriateness of the organization's frameworks for governance, risk and control.
- Contribute to the development of risk-oriented culture within the organization. Act as a 'risk culture Ambassador'
- Program manage the FMO R&C book of work and execute key initiatives
- Face off to Global, 2LoD and 3LoD to bring down key messages and initiatives
Regulatory & Business conduct
- Lead through example and build the appropriate culture and values. Sets appropriate tone and expectations for the team and work in collaboration with risk and control partners.
- Lead and support a change in mindset, building a culture of client centricity, agility, and accountability through standardised metrics and measurement.
- Drive training and communications to promote awareness and continuous learning for risk control and governance aspects
- Ensure the provision of ongoing training and development of people and ensure that holders of all critical functions are suitably skilled and qualified for their roles ensuring that they have effective supervision in place to mitigate any risks.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Display exemplary conduct and live by the Group's Values and Code of Conduct.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct.
- Proactive in seeking regular assurance that the Group Business Risk Management teams are performing to an acceptable control assessment standard as per the defined Enterprise Risk Management Framework / Operational Risk Types Framework.
- Lead the [country / business unit [team] to achieve the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Academic or Professional Education/Qualifications; University educated
- Professional Memberships; relevant memberships to be agreed
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.
To view information on our benefits including our flexible working please visit our career pages . We welcome conversations on flexible working.