Senior Business Risk Manager, APAC
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- UBS AG
- 21 Mar 18
Are you comfortable to lead the AM COO, Business Risk Management function for UBS AM APAC in ensuring the adequate development and implementation of the Front to Back Risk (F2B) framework for the region to ensure key business, regulatory and operational risks are identified and assessed, controls are implemented, designed and operating effectively and issues are appropriately reported and are sustainably remediated? We are looking for someone like that to:
• drive the execution of the F2B Risk Framework across UBS AM APAC, including:
o execution of the annual Risk and Control Self-Assessment (RCSA), including establishing and monitoring effective controls within an agreed risk appetite
o support the business in their Internal Control Assessment Process (ICAP)
o monitoring and assessment of Conduct Risks for the region
• identify risk areas in current business processes and support management and the COO organization in the definition and execution of mitigation plans
• represent Business Risk Management on key risk governance fora in the region, including the APAC and local Front to Back Committees in the presentation of key risk topics
• coordinate internal risk assessments and risk reviews including ORI reviews to ensure sustainable remediation of issues
• participate in the review of new business and change initiatives, including Post Implementation Reviews for Transactions Requiring Pre-Approval to ensure risks associated with new business and change initiatives are identified and addressed prior to go-live
• participate in regional business reviews/Self-Initiated Business Reviews as necessary
• co-ordinate Business Continuity Management testing and ensure the appropriateness of Disaster Recovery Plans
• Pro-active engage with business stakeholders for the assigned portfolio for the identification and escalation of risks
• serve as global "Task Champion" for the:
o UBS AM Internal Control Assessment Process by driving the continued development of the ICAP / KPC framework and ensuring the successful execution and analytics of the bi-annual ICAP
o The annual Risk & Control Self-Assessment in ensuring the planning, scoping, co-ordination, execution and assessment of the annual RCSA
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
The UBS AM Business Risk Management team is a global team that is located across 6 of UBS AMs main locations. The team is highly self driven and collaborative across all F2B functions of UBS AM.
Your experience and skills
• Minimum of 8-10 years of experience at a financial institution, preferably in Asset Management with strong working knowledge of operational processes and risk management frameworks
• Minimum of 3 years of experience working in Asia Pacific locations with an appreciation of local and cultural nuances and regulatory regimes
• Strong analytical and conceptual skills
• High attention to detail
• excellent English (verbal and written), preferable Mandarin (verbal and written) and knowledge of other Asian languages (including Korean & Taiwanese) would be an advantage
• Excellent MS-Office knowledge (Excel/Access VBA programming skills would be an advantage)
• Independent with a proactive working style, solution oriented
• driven and committed team player
• a very good communicator with interpersonal skills (written and verbal) to interact with staff and senior management
What we offer
Together. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Take the next step
Are you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.