Senior Business Analyst, Operation Excellence (1-year Contract)
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job:
- Support Life Operations department in managing and executing operational improvement projects related to Life Operations System, functional processes, customer services, distribution connection, etc.
- Work with Life Operations users in preparing UR (User Requirement), BRD (Business Requirements Document), advise UAT (User Acceptable Test) plans
- Assure UAT testing quality.
- Bridge between Operations users and IT in clarifying and documenting requirements, maintain UAT schedules and produce progress reports / statistics for testing items.
- Perform UR walkthrough and UAT status review for IT and Operations users.
- Assist the team in business analysis, project management and associated documentation, e.g. requirement document, test plan, project plan, status report, meeting summary, etc.
- Follow up with project tasks and work with task owners to deliver as planned.
- Perform ad-hoc tasks as duly assigned.
- Undergraduate degree holder, preferably with major in IT or business related disciplines.
- Solid requirements specifications capabilities and testing experience obtained from medium to large scale projects.
- Good understanding of processes and systems in Life Insurance Operations.
- More than 3 years solid experience in business analyst role in Life Insurance industry.
- Good at organizing work sessions and bridging between users and IT to translate / clarify user requirements and produce related documentation.
- Experience in gap analysis, business justification and prioritization, issue identification and analysis, and problem resolution.
- Good at reading, writing and communicating in fluent English and Chinese.
- A sophisticated MS Office user.
- Ability to meet deadlines and perform under timeline pressure.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.