Investment Management Technology provides systems development, implementation and support services for Fidelity International’s global Investment Management division. We support Fund Managers, Research Analysts and Traders in all of Fidelity International’s locations, including London, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Toronto, Australia, Singapore and China.
Fidelity is embarking on a number of strategic programmes of work that will create a technology platform to support the next evolutionary stage of our Investment Process. These programmes span across asset classes and include Fundamental and Quantitative Research, Sustainable Investing, Systematic and Portfolio Construction, Risk Management and Trading.
Purpose of the Role
The role of Senior Business Analyst within Fidelity is viewed as critical to the ongoing success of our technology transformation. The successful candidate will join our front office technology team delivering change to Equity, Fixed Income, Solutions & Multi Asset businesses working closely with Research, Portfolio Construction, Order Generation, Quant and Systematic investment teams. The successful candidate As a senior business analyst, you will be responsible on requirements gathering, understanding and documenting business processes in additional to systems and QA testing, working with other teams in UK, HK, India and Dalian counterparts to deliver end to end project and managing key stakeholders across the global investment team.
• Establishing and maintaining good working relationships with the business users and acting as a point of contact
• Requirements gathering and analysis
• Producing, checking and assessing project documentation
• Managing projects relating to the different development teams
• Taking responsibility for organising and participating in project testing through to business sign off, project implementation, completion and post implementation review
• Ability to understand detailed systems designs documentation
• Providing training and assistance to users in the best use of their software tools
• Problem troubleshooting and solving - coordinating and managing the implementation of a solution with development team
• Representing the group professionally at project and appropriate business meetings
• Work closely with architects, developers, other business analysts, and the client's representatives to define the direction, approach and requirements to project manage design and development
• Prepare executive presentation material for senior leadership meeting
• Support project status monitoring, reporting and budget tracking, etc
Essential Skills and Experience
• At least 8 years of Business Analysis experience within the investment management domain
• Strong analytical, mathematical and problem-solving skills
• Ability to explain complex technical and functional requirement in a clear and concise way
• Familiar with Agile development methodology, experience with Spotify model is a plus
• Excellent organizational and time management skills
• Sound knowledge working with offshore multi-cultural development
• Excellent communication skills in English, fluency in Mandarin is an advantage
• Ability to work and learn quickly in a high performing culture, under pressure and with time-sensitive deadlines
• Experienced with backlog management
• Self-motivated, flexible and adaptable
Desirable Skills and Experience
• Preference will be given to candidate with prior experience working either one of the following team
o Systematic investment teams and familiar with fundamentals data, sentiment signals, market reference data, and/or alternative data
o Portfolio management team with in-depth knowledge on portfolio construction/order generation process, scenario analysis, order simulation, risk control and management
• Ability to project manage a programme across various workstreams
• Technical background with a solid understanding of, or hands-on experience with, software engineering, including experience in web development, mobile solution or multi-tech platform implementation an asset
• Experience working with data, including data analytics
• Project management and/or Scrum Master certifications is a plus
Great minds, better together.
Fidelity International is an equal opportunities employer and is commited to a policy of treating all its employees and job applications equally.