Senior Auditor - Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Singapore , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 13 Feb 18 2018-02-13
Great opportunity to work within a great team with a well respected Manager of this large global tier 1 bank.
- This role participates in the timely delivery of high quality, value added assurance and audit reports for a portfolio of business activities
- This position is based in Hong Kong and will perform audits across the Asia Pacific region with the main focus on the Finance function in Hong Kong and Northern Asia, in particular South Korea. This position will also assist in validating the resolution of audit and regulatory issues, and monitoring financial control activities in the region
- This position provides an excellent opportunity to explore this banks global businesses and work in a multi-cultural team. The candidate is expected to travel primarily within the Asia region between 30% and 40% of his/her time
- As a seasoned professional applies solid understanding of internal audit standards, policies, and local regulations to provide timely audit assurance
- Contributes to the development of audit processes improvements.
- Applies solid understanding of how internal audit collectively integrates with line management and control functions to accomplish the objectives of the function and overall business
- Performs Finance related audits in accordance with s internal audit methodologies and professional standards, including drafting of audit reports, presenting issues to the business and discussing practical solutions
- Completes assigned audits within budgeted timeframes, and budgeted costs
- Provides coaching to team members in all phases of the audit process.
- Monitors the risk environment and assesses the emerging risks through the Business Monitoring process.
- Recommends appropriate and pragmatic solutions to risk and control issues.
- Applies knowledge of key regulations to influence audit scope
- Develops effective line management relationships to ensure strong understanding of the business
- Pro-actively develops automated routines to help focus audit testing
- University degree or above. CPA and other internal audit related qualifications are an advantage
- Candidates who are fluent in both Korean and English are highly preferred
- Solid understanding of financial services products, especially those associated with the Banking and Global Markets businesses, and strong knowledge of finance, accounting and tax
- Intermediate level experience in a related role with experience in business, functional and people management, with responsibilities of issuing to stakeholders high quality deliverables according to strict timetables
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management
- Effective negotiation skills, a proactive and 'no surprises' approach in communicating issues and strength in sustaining independent views. This individual must be an articulate and effective communicator, both orally and in writing, with an energetic, charismatic and approachable style