- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Audit Manager, Financial Markets
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Negotiable
- Job Type: Full time
About Standard Chartered We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.About Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
To undertake continuous risk assessments and lead, where directed, internal audit engagements of Financial Markets or business units within Corporate & Institutional Banking (CIB) within Greater China & North Asia (GCNA). To assist the Head of Audits to deliver the audit plan established in conjunction with relevant members of Group Internal Audit function.
- Establish and develop effective working relationships with Management of business units for which incumbent has risk assessment responsibility.
- Act as liaison with Management to ensure full understanding of business strategy, plans, products, performance and risk-related issues at business unit level and communicating these to the relevant Functional Team members via bottom-up continuing risk assessments and dialogue.
- Perform, support or lead where directed, the planning, fieldwork, and reporting of internal audit engagements to deliver agreed assurance objectives to established GIA standards and timelines.
- Provide non-assurance services to business units where required, through participation on advisory engagements / special projects within the Group.
- Where undertaking the role of Team Leader, provide interim performance feedback to team members through written evaluations.
- Subject Matter of Expert (SME) for the China Opening business initiatives. Share knowledge, skills and experience with team members to guide and assist their career development. Assist HoA to build local specialism within the country audit teams.
- To come out with innovative ideas helping the function transforming to a high-performance culture and deliver smarter auditing through data analytics. Apply data analytics skills to allow inclusion of wider population of data testing using computer aided techniques.
Our Ideal Candidate
- Professional auditors or business practitioners with core audit / business skills. Business practitioners should acquire relevant internal audit certifications within 12 months after joining GIA.
- Effective collaborative skills that contribute to positive working relationships with counterparts in Group Audit and the business.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently and seek guidance when needed.
- Demonstrates ability to multi-task without loss of quality.
- Flexibility to work across different functions and situations globally and change priorities at short notice.
- Demonstrates ability to think objectively and "think outside the box" when analysing issues and recommending / developing solutions.
- Effective oral and written communication skills.
- Ability to foster a participative and cooperative work environment.
- Demonstrates understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values.
- Engagement in professional certification activities, including completion of mandatory Bank-sponsored industry certification (e.g. credit, trade finance etc.) where appropriate.
- Professional audit certification encouraged.
- Ability to commit to ~ 15% business travel.
- Ability to perform role of "Change Leader".
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.