- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Standard Chartered Bank
Senior Audit Manager - Compliance, Conduct & FCC
- Location: Hong Kong
- Salary: Competitive
- Job Type: Full time
Senior Audit Manager - Compliance, Conduct & FCCAbout Standard Chartered
We are a leading international bank focused on helping people and companies prosper across Asia, Africa and the Middle East.
To us, good performance is about much more than turning a profit. It's about showing how you embody our valued behaviours - do the right thing, better together and never settle - as well as our brand promise, Here for good.
We're committed to promoting equality in the workplace and creating an inclusive and flexible culture - one where everyone can realise their full potential and make a positive contribution to our organisation. This in turn helps us to provide better support to our broad client base.
The Role Responsibilities
- Provide insight into FCC risk for the GCNA region, Hong Kong in particular based on developing relationships with local management;
- Support the HOA where required, in the development of the GIA risk assessment and development of an appropriate audit plan for the HOA's assigned portfolio;
- Support the HOA to ensure that audits assigned to the individual in the GIA audit plan address the key risks identified in the detailed risk assessment and in the audit planning process, and meet relevant regulatory requirements and expectations that are required to be covered by GIA;
- Ensure that the assigned audit plan remains relevant throughout the year as the risk profile of the business changes. Propose changes as appropriate; and
- Ensure that audit team operates in line with the Audit Charter during engagements, remains independent from management and free from interference.
- Assist the HOA to effectively manage the cost of assigned audits within the allocated budget for audit engagements; and
- Identify and implement opportunities for cost savings and optimal productivity of assigned audit engagements.
- To act as a Team Lead or Team Manager on assigned audit work involving Compliance, Conduct and Financial Crime Compliance (FCC) risk across the bank. This will entail managing the auditors working on the audit to deliver the Audit Planning Memo, Controls Document, agree issues and action plans with management and submission of draft report to the Audit Manager for review;
- Provide clear guidance, detailed review and supervision of the audit team's work to ensure that audit deliverables meet quality standards and timelines in line with the GIA methodology;
- Provide guidance on business/audit technical knowledge and management skills to team leaders and team members to enable them to effectively deliver their assigned contributions for an audit;
- Provide technical input and challenge on audit work being undertaken within the scope of assigned product / country area of responsibility. This will include working with the audit team to ensure outputs are of high quality and address financial crime risk;
- Ensure GIA methodology is adhered to in all areas of the audit engagement, as well as raising team members' awareness and understanding of the methodology;
- Demonstrate sound knowledge of both business/technical areas and expert knowledge in the audit process, including the GIA system, to ensure that audit work is carried out to a high standard that meets all methodology and GIA system requirements;
- Take the lead in presenting the draft report in the GIA report review process (to the report review group or report approver); and
- Monitor the implementation/delivery of the agreed issues/audit plans for the audits assigned, understanding the key risks arising, provide advice on resolution of issues to auditees/action plan owners and escalate audit findings that remain unresolved.
- Support the HOA to update the relevant assigned risk assessments on a regular basis to ensure that changes in risk profiles are identified in a timely manner, proposing changes to the assigned audit plan to the HOA, as appropriate;
- Ensure early identification and escalation of risks, issues, trends and developments to relevant stakeholders. Be prepared to raise issues/concerns outside the normal audit process;
- Attend relevant meetings relevant to assigned country / product area (e.g. PSCs, Management Groups and Committees) in addition to request of the HOA to keep up-to-date on key business matters and provide the right challenge to ensure risks are appropriately identified, discussed and timely remediation plans are put in place;
- Adopt an anticipatory approach to risk assessment through stakeholder engagement and monitoring of the external environment to improve audit planning; and
- Review MI and reports regularly to keep up-to-date with key trends within the business.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the management of business units which fall under risk assessment responsibility.
- Demonstrate strong leadership and ability to motivate and guide audit team leaders and members
- Influence change within the department by highlighting potential enhancements;
- Identify growth areas at the start of each audit, and discuss with the Audit Lead on how best to work on them during the work;
- Provide written performance feedback to team members at the end of an audit. Review and agree the feedback provided with the Audit Manager;
- Identify and successfully complete key internal training for self-development;
- Facilitate the development of audit team members by providing on the job training and recommending formal training to support GIA activities; and
- Support the HOA to proactively spot talent for GIA.
- Assist the HOA to manage the relevant Product/Country clients, and establish good working relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile;
- Propose changes to audit plans to the HOA, as appropriate, to ensure the audit plan remains relevant;
- Lead by example on how to communicate audit-related matters and resolve any conflict between auditors and auditees during the course of an audit. Use networks and relationships to build engagement and achieve results;
- Ensure timely escalation of delays in execution of audit work, both to auditee management and GIA management;
- Be able to clearly explain issues identified along with the risks and root causes to GIA and business management, using language designed to be understood by non-experts; and
- Assist the HOA/ to manage the relevant Product/Country stakeholders, as appropriate, and establish good working relationships to help the businesses improve the control environment and keep updated with changes in the business impacting their risk profile.
- Take personal responsibility for embedding the highest standards of ethics, including regulatory and business conduct, across Standard Chartered Bank. This includes understanding and ensuring compliance with, in letter and spirit, all applicable laws, regulations, guidelines and the Group Code of Conduct;
- Contribute to the CCFC audit team in achieving the outcomes set out in the Bank's Conduct Principles: Financial Crime Prevention and The Right Environment; and
- Effectively and collaboratively identify, escalate, mitigate and resolve risk, conduct and compliance matters.
- Designated business stakeholders, typically related to individual audit assignments and the assigned portfolio; and
- GIA stakeholders - team leaders, team members, team managers, Product, Functional, Country and Regional Heads of Audit.
- Embed Here for good and Group's brand and values in GIA; and
- Perform other responsibilities assigned under Group, Country, Business or Functional policies and procedures
Our Ideal Candidate
- Ideally an experienced financial crime auditor or an experienced financial crime practitioner or auditor with a minimum of 8 years relevant experience in audit, governance, risk or in a business environment;
- Experience in the design and execution of audit engagements;
- Experience in managing HKMA FCC expectations;
- In-depth understanding of financial crime risk management and associated control requirements;
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal, with ability to clearly explain controls to be tested and risks identified to audit and business management;
- CAMs qualified;
- Confident and courageous to raise and escalate ideas or concerns in a, professional and timely manner;
- Proactive, self-directed and able to work with minimum supervision;
- Ability to exercise good judgement and objectivity;
- Ability to work within a global team, including leading audit team members remotely;
- Demonstrate understanding of and commitment to the Group's core values;
- Professional audit certification preferred; and
- Ability to commit to limited business travel.
Apply now to join the Bank for those with big career ambitions.