Group Technology and Operations (T&O) enables and empowers the bank with an efficient, nimble and resilient infrastructure through a strategic focus on productivity, quality & control, technology, people capability and innovation. In Group T&O, we manage the majority of the Bank's operational processes and inspire to delight our business partners through our multiple banking delivery channels. Principal Responsibilities
- Monitor the daily operations to ensure quality services is delivered to customers according to the SLA agreed with BUs and Department Operation Manual in respect of corporate action related activities and follow the requirements as specified by regulatory bodies;
- Assist supervisor to prioritize various processing jobs to achieve optimize operational efficiency;
- Ensure periodical reports as required by management/services partners including custodians are delivered accurately according to the prescribed time schedule;
- Understand the bank policies on information protection, security control and regulatory compliance and report problem and exception to supervisor immediately;
- Accept duties assigned by the supervisor;
- Participate in system UAT when required.
- Provide support to daily transactions and monitor staff/vendor performance to ensure adherence to SLA agreed with BUs in terms of standard service turnaround time, accuracy and correctness and comply to bank policies and regulatory requirements;
- Provide support on Global corporate actions activities, identify and resolve exceptions;
- Ensure corporate actions deadlines are fully met to limit any exposures;
- Convey and manage entire voluntary event deadlines with clients and front office;
- Handle proxy voting request from clients;
- Exercise good judgment to promptly resolve and/or escalate problems/discrepancies within established timelines and document clearly all occurrences and exceptions for future reference;
- Ensure all incoming emails and instructions are responded to in a timely manner;
- Contribute ideas and recommendations to improve process efficiencies and increase risk mitigation;
- Handle internal/external customer complains tactfully and ensure responsive problem solving for enquiries from branches and other units/parties within benchmark;
- Perform checking and reconciliation of general ledgers and other system records;
- Assist supervisor to prepare the BCP documents and conduct drill test to ensure operations will not be interrupted due to disaster;
- Assist supervisor to promote the staff awareness on regulatory and compliance requirements and internal control standards;
- Assist supervisor on periodic risk based self assessment and ensure exception/non-compliance issues are truly reflected in respective management reports and assist to rectify any outstanding issue properly and timely;
- Provide support in ad-hoc project and assist to conduct testing on various systems enhancements to increase the efficiency and effectiveness in daily operations;
- Assist supervisor to promote staff morale and team culture in order to build up an efficient, knowledgeable and professional back-end operation support team;
- Train back-up staff and supervise staff resources on daily operations among team members effectively;
- Provide guidance and support to subordinates and monitor actual performance to provide quality services to customers;
- Maintain self-development to ensure meeting the challenge on change of business and operation environment.
- Minimum 4 years' experience in corporate action or custodial operations;
- Minimum 2 years' experience in supervisor/manager level;
- Good understanding of the entire process of corporate action operations;
- Has equities settlement knowledge is preferable.
- Ability to guide individual towards achieving the team's goals;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Good sense of risk awareness;
- Able to perform teamwork & collaborate with subordinates;
- Hard working and willing to accept suggestions and comments;
- Ownership of results and commitment to personal goals;
- Knowledge of backend corporate action operations and basic understanding on the operations of custodians;
- Strong problem-solving skills and capability to adapt to changes;
- Hong Kong public holiday support may be required;
- Detail oriented with strong control mindset and able to work against tight short deadlines;
- Strong motivated and able to work under pressure;
- Developing & coaching skill;
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- University graduated in Finance, Business Administration or relevant disciplines;
- Knowledge of banking or investment practices & procedures.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package and the professional advantages of a dynamic environment that supports your development and recognises your achievements.
We regret only shortlisted candidates will be notified.