Senior Associate - Valuation & Modelling Services - Financial Advisory - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Deloitte China's professionals provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services. We connect with the Deloitte Global network to provide clients of any size with local experience and international expertise. As one of the leading professional services providers, we have considerable experience in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients, people and society. Our extensive spectrum of services enables us to help our clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. We are committed to investing in our people and empowering them to achieve more than they can elsewhere. Our advice is only as valuable as our actions and integrity. We believe that by strengthening our clients and society, we become stronger ourselves.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in China, connect with the Deloitte China social media platforms at www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media About Financial Advisory
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value.
Valuation and Modelling Services
guide and advise clients on valuation methodologies and provide valuation advisory services relating to business interests. These include intellectual property, intangible assets, common and preferred stock and other securities, partnership interests, employee stock option plans (ESOPs), private debt instruments, options, warrants, and other derivative products relevant to our clients. Work you'll do:
You are also expected to:
- Execute valuation analyses for tax, financial reporting or other regulatory, compliance or management planning requirements
- Independently and accurately build complex financial models and clearly present supporting analysis to the client
- Select appropriate methods for collecting and analyzing large and complex data sets to extract insights and support solutions
- Produce a high quality work product and collaborates with others across phases of the M&A transaction lifecycle to deliver a superior client experience
- Analyze financial and accounting information when evaluating transactions
- Manage own work in an ethical manner with a continuous attention to quality and risk rules, and confidentiality
- Build an understanding of how stages of the M&A lifecycle operate to enhance delivery in own phase of expertise
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experience with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
- Bachelor / Master Degree with major in Accounting, Finance, Economics, Quantitative Finance, Actuarial Science, Financial Engineering or MBA with quantitative aptitude preferred
- At least 3 years' work experience, of which business valuation and/or financial instrument valuation preferred
- Professional qualification of HKICPA/ CICPA / CFA or other equivalent overseas qualifications is an advantage
- Solid knowledge of business and intangible asset valuation methodologies, and experience or basic knowledge of financial instrument valuation
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and Bloomberg
- A good team player with excellent analytical, communication, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Strong communication and report writing skills in both English and Chinese
(Candidate with less experience will be considered as Associate)
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168875