Senior Associate - National Audit & Assurance Innovation - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
Our professionals at Deloitte China provide a full range of audit & assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk management and tax services, and work closely within Greater China, across Asia-Pacific and around the world to provide clients of every size with local experience and international expertise. We have considerable experience in China and are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace.
The Deloitte purpose is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media
We help our clients achieve business objectives, accomplish fund raising activities, strengthen management capabilities and minimize enterprise risks through the use of our unique Deloitte Audit risk-based approach. Our clients include major multinational corporations, listed companies and other leading companies in both Hong Kong and Mainland China.
Audit Services: Our Audit services help a multi-trillion dollar capital markets system function with greater confidence. A Deloitte audit is more than an obligation - it's a powerful lens for illuminating the current state of an enterprise, providing insight that can inform future aspirations. Our independent auditors act as trusted intermediaries enhancing trust in companies when they attest to / express an opinion as to whether financial statements, internal controls, and regulatory reports are prepared in accordance with an identified financial reporting framework.
Assurance Services: Assurance is the insight we provide and the trust our work inspires. We leverage the skillsets of accounting professionals to enhance stakeholder confidence in client decisions that drive markets and organizations. We provide Assurance on complex accounting matters, transactional events, finance organizations, regulatory compliance, innovative technologies and on an ever expanding range of topics due to market disruption.
In addition, we deliver insights that can help clients better understand how to address risks and enhance business management to improve their performance and operations. Work you'll do:
You are also expected to:
- Work effectively in different teams for varying periods of time building good working relationships with both colleagues and client personnel at all levels.
- Assist in the design and development of business strategies around innovative solutions for audit and assurance.
- Evaluate current and future technology needs and processes for the audit and assurance practice; prototype, develop, enhance and implement digital technology solutions and identify process improvements, automation, efficiency gains, and application of process and technology best practices.
- Support the development and implementation of quality business solutions and align delivery to business goals and vision.
- Conduct user reviews and assist in the running of stakeholder meetings. Assist in the management of senior stakeholders.
- Build value propositions/ business cases. Assist in proposal developments.
- A strategic thinker, entrepreneurial, able to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment
- Plan and participate in the promotion activities pertaining to innovation culture and solutions. Also, work with different stakeholders to empower the innovation work or service business.
- Promoting continuous improvement in all aspects of audit & assurance domain on an ongoing basis (e.g., technical environment, software, operating procedures).
- Work as part of a distributed team to share and learn from each other, contributing to the ongoing development of and contribution from this new role in Deloitte Digital.
- Become an expert in specific digital service offering by developing white papers / point of views and facilitating webcasts.
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and sets personal priorities
Keys To Success For This Role
- Bachelor or Master of Science in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Artificial Intelligence, Data Analytics, Data Science or a related field.
- At least 2 years in IT/Digital consulting or delivery experience.
- Relevant experience with technology project delivery and implementing project/product management under Agile and/or Scrum methodologies.
- Familiar with market trends and emerging technologies such as Artificial Intelligence/Cognitive, Big Data, Blockchain, Cloud, Data Lake, Internet of Things, FinTech, mobile, etc.
- Strong interpersonal skills for interfacing with all levels of internal and external audit and management.
- Ability to conduct and control capabilities when working as a lead in innovation and technology stream across different offices or locations.
- Strong Quantitative and problem solving ability
- Previous robotics, digital solutions development and programming experience desired.
- Ability to multitask and manage portfolio of projects
- Candidates with less experience will be considered as "Associate"
- Ability to explain technical concepts to non-technical people
- Curiosity about technology and a drive to share knowledge
- A mindset that embraces innovation and is not afraid of failure
- Ability to work independently without close supervision, out of the box thinking, handling change and deadlines.
- Ability to manage competing priorities in a rapidly growing, fast-paced, team-based environment.
- Good oral and written communication skills in both English and Chinese.
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN168583