Senior Associate - Financial Crime Compliance - Financial Advisory - Hong Kong
About Deloitte China
The Deloitte China network of firms, backed by the global Deloitte network, deliver a full range of audit, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory and tax services to local, multinational and growth enterprise clients. We are one of the leading professional services providers in this marketplace with 22 offices in Beijing, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Changsha, Chengdu, Chongqing, Dalian, Guangzhou, Hangzhou, Harbin, Hefei, Jinan, Macau, Nanjing, Shenyang, Shenzhen, Suzhou, Tianjin, Ulaanbaatar, Wuhan, Xi'an and Xiamen in China.
The Deloitte purpose
is about making an impact that matters to our clients. Our extensive service spectrum enables us to help clients become leaders wherever they choose to compete. Deloitte is committed to investing in our people and empowers them to achieve more than they could elsewhere. Our work combines advice with action and integrity. We believe that when our clients and society are stronger, so are we.
To learn more about how Deloitte makes an impact that matters in the China marketplace, please connect with our Deloitte China social media platforms via www2.deloitte.com/cn/en/social-media .
Financial Advisory (FA) practice of Deloitte China provides strategic and financial advisory services to clients throughout all phases of the economic cycle. FA comprises several distinct but related global service lines whose shared principal objective is the creation and enhancement of shareholder and stakeholder value. Work you'll do:
Be part of a team that delivers financial crime projects involving anti-money laundering, sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption, fraud and market misconduct, specifically around trade surveillance. This would include engagements such as but not limited to:
You are also expected to:
- Designing and implementing of monitoring systems and tools, in particular institutional risk assessments, transaction monitoring and name screening
- Testing, tuning and calibrating controls, rules and scenarios to enhance both the efficiency and effectiveness of detection systems
- Development of new products and methodologies involving financial crime risk detection, such as risk based typologies and scenarios
- Identify and embrace our purpose and values and put these into practice in their professional life
- Develop self by actively seeking opportunities for growth, share knowledge and experiences with others, and act as a strong brand ambassador
- Seek opportunities to challenge self; team with others across businesses and borders to deliver and take accountability for own and team results
- Build relationships and communicates effectively in order to positively influence peers and other stakeholders
- Understand objectives for clients and Deloitte, align own work to objectives and set personal priorities
Management, Law, Technology or related field
- Certification of CICPA, HKCPA, CFE or relevant qualification is preferred but not essential
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a professional services firm or the commercial sector
- Fundamental experience in financial crime in AML advisory, transaction monitoring, sanctions advisory, client due diligence, business intelligence, investigations, market conduct, anti-fraud, information security or anti bribery & corruption
- Hands on experience in designing solutions to detect risk, assess client segmentations, tune thresholds, test rules and optimize alert the generation of alerts across a variety of detection systems
- Exposure to new market technologies and software including robotics, artificial intelligence and machine learning as well as monitoring systems
- Candidates with engagement specific exposure to financial crime as part of external audit or internal controls work will also be considered
- Must be collaborative, a team player who can connect with a diverse group people and build rapport
- Must be fluent bilingually
Deloitte China refers to Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Hong Kong, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu in Macau, Deloitte Touche Tohmatsu Certified Public Accountants LLP in the Chinese Mainland and their respective affiliates practising in Hong Kong, Macau and the Chinese Mainland.
Requisition code: CN167232