Senior Asset Management and Funds Lawyer – Hong Kong
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
As the lead AM lawyer for Hong Kong and North Asia, senior-level legal, regulatory and transactional advice/support, as well as working closely with Singapore counterparts and APAC Compliance, in providing regulatory, compliance and legal risk assessments for the Asset Management (AM) business* in Asia Pacific. Specifically, the role involves:
- A department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- You will provide transactional support and legal advisory services in respect of various initiatives in AM, including formation and launch of new fund products and managed accounts, strategic distribution relationships, acquisitions and dispositions, as well as coverage on AM's joint ventures in the region
- You will have to provide advice and coverage on cross border requirements, product distribution and registrations, licensing/ regulatory and policy matters, including China inbound and outbound access regimes (such as QDII, Stock Connect, WFOE/QDLP, (R)QFII), India's FII/FPI regime, as well as coverage under the regulatory regimes in Hong Kong and Singapore;
- Working closely with other regions, as well as working within APAC in response to cross jurisdictional regulatory developments, including Dodd-Frank Act, Volcker Rule, FATCA and AIFMD that affect buy-side participation;
- Working closely with AM COOs and other corporate functions including tax, operations and finance in addressing issues which may have impacts on AM business in APAC
- You have a deep understanding and can advise on local and regional conflicts, securities laws and regulatory issues arising from AM's relationships with Investment Banking and Private Banking businesses
- Operating within our Conduct & Ethic standards, being aware of operational risk, raising when any identified with a focus on striving for operational excellence and working with the wider team on constant improvement
- Understands the value of diversity in the workplace and is dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work. This should be further elaborated on in your application.
- You have 9 to 10 years in PQE
- You have strong communication skills with a dedication to regular communication with your business partners & team
- Mandarin fluency will be beneficial as you will be required to review documents
- High level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Ability to multitask and prioritize matters effectively
- High professional work ethic, fully accountable and clear with the working results
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.