Senior Asset Liability and Capital Management Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 28 Dec 17 2017-12-28
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Asset Liability and Capital Management Manager.
In this role, you will
- Oversight the delivery of ALCM returns, in particular, interest rate risk management returns, for internal and external reporting and ALCM discussion.
- Drive the implementation and production of Basel IRR reporting and external disclosures.
- Oversee the completion of PRA STDF actuals submissions.
- Coordinate the ALCM aspects of various stress tests and provide guidance to sites, and review and present results to senior management.
- Manage ALCM change agenda and governance.
- Support business analytics and partnering initiatives.
- Understand and liaise with internal and external stakeholders on requirements, prioritise and deliver accordingly.
- Participate in the regulatory development and engagement process with HKMA, industry bodies and regulators.
- Work closely with key internal stakeholders including Group Treasury, Assets and Liabilities Committee and Tactical Assets and Liabilities Committee, Global Businesses, Risk, other Finance teams, and country ALCM teams across Asia Pacific.
- Contribute towards a strong performance culture within the team, through own performance and supervision of others, and foster cohesion within own and wider ALCM team.
- Maintain positive and professional relationships across the region and with Group Treasury.
- Lead the team to work collaboratively with ALCM Finance Operations and country ALCM teams.
- Support and contribute towards the maintenance of a strong control framework and monitoring Functional Instructional Manuals and regulatory compliance at the regional level.
- Responsible for control management, in particular audits, regulatory onsite review, Business Risk and Control Management control reviews and operational risk management.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Strong financial, regulatory, ALCM and MI reporting experience.
- Ability to drive implementation and changes, experience in change management.
- Experience with interpreting and implementing new regulatory or financial reporting requirements.
- Experience in interest rate risk management and stress testing.
- Experience of reporting at a consolidated level, and instructing and guiding entities cross countries.
- Knowledge of banking businesses and products.
- Knowledge of Group systems and financial reporting processes.
- Knowledge of the Group ALCM framework and regulatory liquidity and IRRBB requirements.
- Sound judgement and decision making record.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to convey complex ideas.
- People and stakeholder management experience.
- Ability to prioritise and manage competing and constantly evolving responsibilities within required timeframes and standards.
- Ability to work under pressure.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009WYP
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited