- A Global Consumer Facing Technology Company - Based out of Hong Kong - Leading the Data Analytics Team This role is a unique opportunity to help millions of users, and also work with a broad range of stakeholders within the organization. The role will be responsible for bringing solutions through data by leading a team of highly motivated and devoted individuals.
As the manager of the data team, you will:
- Manage a team of passionate analysts, engineers and data scientists – help them flourish (includes hiring as needed)
- Work closely with stakeholders to collect requirements, structure work tasks and provide insights and requests
- Prioritize projects (through epics and sprints) to efficiently enable stakeholders to answer company-wide business intelligence questions
- Offer technical solutions around ETL tools, data platform and warehouse, and visualization
- Push further the capabilities and services of the data team
- 3+ years experience managing people and 7+ years of analytics experience
- With excellent communication skills, you can manage several stakeholders
- Experienced cross team project manager
- You have a good sense of priority and are able to triage between important and urgent tasks
- Problem solver: you can think out of the box to propose solutions while staying in the time commitment
- Quick learner: you are keen to learn about new tools, technologies and models quickly and you have the ability to apply them to deliver a project
- You have a general knowledge and understanding of ETL tools and processes
- You are familiar with building development environments and pipelines to train machine learning models, monitor their performance and bring them to production
- Know how to avoid common insight pitfalls and fallacies through statistics
- Proficient in at least one programming languageYou have deployed dashboards to a broad range of users
- Familiar with agile methodologies
- Fluent in English
- Degree in computer sciences preferred
- Experience with Apache Airflow, Spark, Hadoop, AWS services (Redshift, S3, Redis, Athena, Sagemaker, Kinesis Data Firehose) and/or Google Services (GCP, BigQuery, GA 360)
- Proficient with Python, pandas, matplotlib, Jupyter Notebooks
- Familiar with visualization tools such as Tableau or Qlik
A full version of the JD is available upon request. Please get in touch with me via email – email@example.com or call me directly via +852 3703 3688.
How do I apply?
Simply click the “apply” button or you can drop an email to Joel (firstname.lastname@example.org) with your resume.