Senior Analyst / Analyst, IT QA and Application Release Management, Information Technology
Established in Asia in 2013 with a trailblazer mentality, FWD is the primary insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group (PCG), with minority shareholders Swiss Re Group, GIC Ventures, RRJ Capital and Hopu Investments.
FWD spans 10 markets in Asia including Hong Kong SAR & Macau SAR, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan, Malaysia and Cambodia. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. We focus on creating fresh customer experiences and making the insurance journey simpler, faster and smoother, with innovative propositions and easy-to-understand products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to be a leading pan-Asian insurer by changing the way people feel about insurance.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. Summary
Senior Analyst in the IT Quality Assurance and Release Management team, which is the sub-division of the IT Planning & Governance. This role is a core defense role to practice and compile quality assessment of the software application deployment process, and responsible for the application release management. Candidate needs to proactively locate areas for improvement, perform analysis efficiently, and provide recommendations effectively -- target for excellence. Responsible for enforcing the policy, guideline and standard to avoid risk, and provide preventions that could divided from the audit requirements. The Job
- Plan, evaluate, and manage the release cycle with inner and exterior IT teams.
- Maintain and continuation improvement of the application testing framework, especially in regression testing.
- Coordinate and support the Production deployment activities and ensure the completeness of the prerequisites.
- Own the quality control of system development life cycle, reinforce IT policy and guidance, and standardize the process.
- Work closely with the team lead and give recommendations and suggestions to evaluate the current process against the best practice.
- Create metrics and data collection to quantify the process and trends for the senior management.
- Prepare and communicate internal trainings, create user manuals, documentations, and presentations to local IT teams.
- Coaching junior teammates to create team bounding and efficiency.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Management or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 years of relevant working experience in Information Technology department. Candidate with less experience will be considered as Analyst.
- Hands-on experience in release management, familiar with the system development life cycle, create documentations, and presentation skills.
- Knowledge in JIRA and Confluence.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, in English and Cantonese.
- Must be a team player and have self-motivation. Strong in observation, detail oriented, and interpersonal skill with minimal supervision.
- Experience in insurance and financial industry is a plus.
We offer 5-day work, 20-22 days annual leaves, excellent learning & development opportunities and an attractive package to the right candidate.
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.