Senior Analyst Programmer (Data Engineer), Information Technology (1-year contract)
FWD spans Hong Kong, Macau, Thailand, Indonesia, the Philippines, Singapore, Vietnam, Japan and Malaysia, and has a representative office in Shanghai, China. In Hong Kong, FWD offers life and medical insurance, general insurance, employee benefits, and financial planning. FWD is focused on creating fresh customer experiences, with easy-to-understand and relevant products, supported by digital technology. Through this customer-led approach, FWD aims to become a leading pan-Asian insurer that changes the way people feel about insurance.
Established in Asia in 2013, FWD is the insurance business of investment group, Pacific Century Group. The life insurance and general insurance operating entities have been assigned strong financial strength ratings by international rating agencies. While FWD Life Insurance Company (Bermuda) Limited (Incorporated in Bermuda with limited liability) has been affirmed 'A3' by Moody's and 'A' by Fitch, FWD General Insurance Company Limited has also received 'A' rating from Fitch, all with a stable outlook.
In Hong Kong & Macau, FWD has been providing quality services to around 530,560+ customers with over 830+ staff.
If you are looking for a company where can fuel your inspiration and cultivate your expertise, join us on our exciting journey. The Job
- Assist in system design and prepare program specifications
- Perform program development and implementation
- Gather user requirement and carry out feasibility study of any new requirements
- Set up and support testing environment
- Perform system testing and support user acceptance testing
- Prepare technical documentation, such as functional specification, technical specification
- Coordinate with IT and user team on system deployment arrangement
- Provide BAU support services
- University degree in Computer Science or equivalent, minimum 4 years' related to data engineering working experience
- Experience in ETL, data management, data pipeline and data mart implementation
- Proficient in SQL
- Working knowledge of ETL (Talend, Informatica or DataStage), Hadoop/Hortonworks
- Preferably with good knowledge of data management best practices
- Experience in Waterfall/Agile Scrum software development approaches
- Good communication skills, able to work with user departments and vendors
- Knowledge in data mining, machine learning, Python is a big plus
- Good analytical mind and problem solving skills
- Good team player, self-initiative and pro-active
- Able to work under pressure
Information collected will be treated in strict confidence and used solely for recruitment purpose. The company will retain all applications no longer than 24 months of which will be destroyed thereafter. When there are vacancies in any of our subsidiaries, holding companies, associated or affiliated companies of, or companies controlled by, or under common control with the Company during that period, we may transfer your application to them for consideration of employment. We are an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, disability or family status in employment process.