Senior Analyst/ Consultant/ Senior Consultant, Investments Consulting, Wealth, Hong Kong
- Base*13 + Discretionary Bonus
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Mercer Hong Kong
- 12 Sep 17 2017-09-12
We are currently seeking a Wealth analyst, to join our growing team addressing the financial challenges of institutional asset owners and financial intermediaries. This role will be based in Hong Kong.
In this role, you will
- Acquire and/or enhance your existing knowledge of valuing pension liabilities under the Hong Kong pension regime.
- Aside from client delivery, you will proactively review and identify major or minor improvements in the current processes. You will be excited to be part of a creation story on new ideas, establishing best practices and getting the word out.
- Carry out demographic experience analysis, as part of forming Mercer’s local views on issues that our clients will be interested in. You will be able to apply analytics to arrive at recommendations or observations to add value to our clients.
- Digest and keep up with HKMA, SFC and MPFA regulations that impact on client suitability assessment, product risk and portfolio risk assessments. Further develop awareness of industry practices in these areas by independently seeking out information from contacts and other sources.
- Carry out initiatives under instruction but with minimal supervision, such as drafting and managing industry surveys, and collating the information for use in projects and marketing efforts with review by senior team members.
- Need to have strong personal management in order to plan ahead for foreseeable tasks, and understand own capacity for unforeseeable tasks. Manage the schedule for routine jobs, and be able to provide estimates of the time required to complete your tasks for senior management reporting.
- Complete tasks efficiently while learning more about own technical capabilities and expanding awareness and knowledge about Mercer Wealth.
- Ensure client folders are well-maintained, with good audit trail of the client communication, internal instructions and final output.
- Understand and apply appropriate Mercer methods and tools (or recognized equivalent) in completing assignments.
- Interact with more senior team members to contribute to collaborative culture and demonstrate proactive behavior.
- Good academic track record in numerical subjects such as Mathematics, Finance (Accounting/Management/Behavioral), Actuarial Sciences, Engineering and so on.
- Can demonstrate strong communication, analytical and technical skills. Ability to articulate complex and technical information, within parameters of your role and level, in layman and concise ways
- Have strong self-initiative and curiosity in financial services, self-motivated to seek out knowledge, test ideas and ways to contribute to the team. Ability to build relationships by communicating, influencing and negotiating effectively with team members.
- Work experience: 2-3 years of industry experience, welcoming candidates from banking, asset management, investment advisory (e.g. IFA), insurance, financial services and consulting.
- Language requirements: Strong English, Cantonese and Mandarin abilities. Korean would be an added benefit.
Personal data collected will be used for recruitment purpose only.