Senior Accounting Policy Manager / Associate Director | Life Insurance
- Dependent on Experience
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- Eames Consulting Hong Kong , EA Licence No: 16S8091
- 20 Feb 18 2018-02-20
This role is responsible to establish group accounting policies accordance with IFRS, review complex and non-standard transactions, conduct accounting researches and analysis to support various business initiatives, as well as provide guidance and training to strengthen the capability of business units in the group to ensure high financial reporting standards.
- Estavlish Group IFRS accounting policies in accordance with IFRS pronouncements published from time to time.
- Responsible for writing up OAP newsletter to communicate accounting policy issues across operating units
- Advise on complex external and internal transactions in hte form of advising on contractual structure and technical accounting memos on desired accounting position
- Conduct accounting research and evaluate alternatives, recommend accounting approaches that are both practical and most appropriate to the operating environment of the company on various topics.
- Support senior management and operating units in ad hoc accounting issues.
- Lead implementation of effective IFRS standards (including IFRS 17 & 9)
- Monitor the developments of IASB standard setting activities relevant to the Group and perform impact analysis.
- Conduct training and communicate policy updates to strengthen the reporting capability of business units.
- Degree holder with professional accounting qualification
- 10+ years work experience gained either from a Insurer or Bank
- Strong accounting policy technical skills
- Independent and self-motivated
- Strong team player and excellent communciation skills
- Ability to work well under tight deadlines and changing environment
- Fluency in both written and spoken English