Senior Accounting Policy Manager - Global Finance
- Hong Kong
- Permanent, Full time
- 26 Oct 17 2017-10-26
Some careers open more doors than others.
If you’re looking to unlock new job opportunities, take a look at the possibilities right on your doorstep here at HSBC.
Global Finance is integral to HSBC’s purpose and strategy, playing a valued role in managing costs and deploying capital in the most effective way. Our global team of finance professionals partner with the business to provide trusted insights and forward looking analysis; accuracy; efficiency and control to frame and influence business decisions.
We are currently seeking a high caliber professional to join our team as Senior Accounting Policy Manager.
In this role, you will
- Review and provide accounting opinions under IFRS on complex transactions to ensure compliance with Group accounting policies and working to tight deadlines.
- Provide technical support and guidance to the Group Functions and Global Business teams, including the risk management functions.
- Provide technical support on the implementation of new accounting standards to Finance and Business teams.
- Formulate and recommend Group accounting policies, providing detailed practical guidance on policies.
- Research the Group's response to future accounting developments, writing public responses to new standards, exposure drafts and discussion papers.
- Identifying changes in external accounting, regulatory and legal disclosure requirements that will have an impact on the Group's external financial reporting.
- Providing support to HSBC Regional CAO and the broader finance teams.
- Improve the knowledge of accounting policy throughout Hong Kong and other regions.
- Frequent engagement with senior management and external parties.
To be successful in this role, you should meet the following requirements
- Qualified Accountant with solid post qualification experience in financial accounting and reporting essential.
- Must be either an ACA, HKICPA or AICPA.
- Knowledge and experience of applying IFRS accounting standards in practical business situations.
- Understanding the operation, risk and accounting of banking and investment products.
- Professional approach and presentation.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Effective management, planning, organisation, and strong problem solving skills.
- Team player with positive service attitude.
- Enthusiastic to learn about technical accounting.
- Able to work and deliver within tight deadlines.
For further details and application information please visit our career site, search under reference number 00009XND
You’ll achieve more when you join HSBC.
Candidate with less relevant experience or skills may be offered a lower Global Career Band than stated above.
HSBC is committed to building a culture where all employees are valued, respected and opinions count. We take pride in providing a workplace that fosters continuous professional development, flexible working and opportunities to grow within an inclusive and diverse environment. Personal data held by the Bank relating to employment applications will be used in accordance with our Privacy Statement, which is available on our website.
Issued by The Hongkong and Shanghai Banking Corporation Limited